Looking for Volunteers at Beau's Oktoberfest in Vankleek hill [General]

2016 Aug 24
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Hello Foodies! I am coordinating the volunteers for the MoB & Beau's People's Choice Competition taking place at the Beau's Oktoberfest in Vankleek Hill on Friday September 23rd and Saturday September 24th.

The People's Choice competition is a component of the 2016 MoB & Beau's Oktoberfest Homebrewing Competition, wherein homebrewers who enter must also submit entries to the People's Choice Competition. In the People's Choice competition, attendees of the Beau's Oktoberfest are able to come sample and judge the homebrew entries.

The volunteers at the booth will be pouring and serving homebrew samples to the attendees, providing literature and education about beer styles, and promoting beer literacy by helping the attendees judge competition worthy homebrew. It is a great opportunity to showcase homebrew beer to non-homebrewers, and it was one of the primary things that encouraged us to start homebrewing a few years ago!

What's in it for you?
For signing-up and attending a shift you will be provided admission to BOTH days of Beau's Oktoberfest! You will also be provided access to the shuttle buses heading from Ottawa, Montreal or Cornwall to the event at Vankleek hill, and then back at the end of the
night. For the first shift of each day, a special volunteer bus will be departing early, arriving at the event before the gates open, more details and timing on this shuttle will available closer to the event. For more information on the buses: www.beausoktoberfest.ca/bus/

Shifts are 3-4 hours long and there is currently availability on Friday 6:15PM-9:00PM and Saturday 4:45PM-8:00PM.

Please contact me directly to sign up and get more info regarding shifts and roles!

2016 Aug 24
On a related note, the Members of Barleyment are looking for volunteers to judge beer and steward at the judgings for the Beaus / MoB annual Oktoberfest Homebrew Competition.

That activity is starting this weekend if I am not mistaken. You do not need experience, and if you aspire to become a certified beer judge this would give you BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) points toward that goal.

Please sign up here to judge/steward this year. We need you!

(I hope the site does not munge the link to google docs)

docs.google.com

2016 Aug 25
Shouldn't that be Septemberfest?

2016 Aug 25
You would have to take that up with the Germans. "The Munich Beerfest traditionally takes place during the sixteen days up to and including the first Sunday in October."

2016 Aug 26
Carp fair weekend - bad timing.

2016 Aug 26
"Hello, Germany? I'd like to complain."