Top pizza in Ottawa [General]

2016 Aug 3
We have a local celebrity pizza spot in OT yay!
www.foodnetwork.ca

Love my guilty pleasure of pizza pizza, pub Italia and sparro pizza but for legit Napoletan Italian style pizza best I've had locally was Anthony's. They also had a local red sparkling that matched beautifully at the Wellington location last time I went. Nice to see Ottawa in the spotlight:)

On the Italian theme... Also adore Stella Luna gelato!!!! Best ever:))))

2016 Aug 4
I think Tennessy Willems deserves to be on that list. The list didn't seem to have any Montreal pizzas on there either.

2016 Aug 4
I've never been to Anthony's but it looks like they turned things around as the reviews on here are really all over the map. I never would have guessed that it would make a top 10 in Canada based upon what I read on here.

2016 Aug 4
Anthony's has vastly improved since they opened. At least, the location where they originally opened on Wellington, has improved. Is it 'the best'? I can't really say, I think people's individual taste really is the driving factor behind this... I think they make a solid pizza, as does TW just down the street.

2016 Aug 4
Anthony's is my go to place for pizza. It suits my taste for pizza. I don't like the big bready, doughy style of pizza.
My only complaint is they don't burn it enough sometimes even when I ask for it well done.

2016 Aug 4
Whole foods is actually decent for a thin crust pizza and they have interesting ingredients.

Panago- while that is a chain- it is the only place I have ever seen "vegetarian pepperoni" or a lot of those non-meat things.

For cheap and really good Prince Ali is good- but the hours are a bit lousy.
Ask for the vegetable pie w cheese and not folded. But if you go and ask for a pizza- they will prob tell you that it is not a pizza.

2016 Aug 4
Let's be clear that the posted Food Network article does not claim to be a Top Twelve list. The headline is simply "12 Great Pizza Places in Canada Worth Travelling For."

Now, I'm not sure I'd actually *travel* for any of the ones listed. Toronto's Pizzeria Libretto is excellent, but (if I may invoke the late Ron Eade) it's only dinner. :-)

The most one can get out of an article like that is... Any one of those restaurants will make a pretty decent pie. The list is not perfect but it's way better than nothing! 🍕

2016 Aug 4
I posted cause I like their pizza:))) went to Italy and love that theirs is true Neapolitan style pizza and that Ottawa is getting some recognition as a food destination:) Everyone I sent there loved the pizza (thin crust deliciousness!!!!)

Again food is all about personal taste. It totally matches mine and tasted like Italy:D

2016 Aug 5
I'm partial to The Grand, they make a good thin crust Neapolitan style pie, with wood oven natch. I have eaten at both Anthony's locations and they were Ok, although the one on Bank put salt on my pizza after it came out of the oven, which I didn't care for.

2016 Aug 5
I have eaten at Anthony's lately and the pizza was pretty good. I had the wings as an app they need a bit of work. I will second Tennessy Willems for good pie in Ottawa. I got a UUNI pizza oven for Christmas and finally figured out how to make a great crust by reading Jeff Varasano's pizza recipe. Had to get a food scale and make a poolish and now my crust is chewy and crispy. Sad thing is in Canada the only wood pellets I have been able to get are Traeger and they do not burn hot enough for the UUNI. Will have to stock up next trip to US.

2016 Aug 5
Crust n Crate at Lansdowne is making some really solid za.

I have difficulty deciding between them and Industria (BIG MAC PIZZA!!!) when nearby and craving.

And notwithstanding their chain-li-ness, Panago is pretty damn good.

2016 Aug 11
Great place to visit to enjoy pizza.

2016 Aug 12
Personally, I do love Anthony's pizza for a traditional 'Za. But I think the best in town has got to be Tenessy Willems hands down. The sauce and quality innovative ingredients really put them a step ahead.