Smartcart [General]

2016 Jun 5
Saw a link on facebook for it. Loblaws-Costco will deliver you groceries and alcohol within two hours in the Ottawa area.

I also tried UberEats. It's pretty good too.

www.smartkart.ca/#/

2016 Jun 5
What do they charge? I went to their site but needed to join to get the info which I don't want to do at this time.

2016 Jun 5
You don't need to log in, it's in the FAQ, top right of the home page.

"We charge a flat rate of $4.99 for delivery within 3 hours and $7.99 for under 2 hours. You may choose to have your items delivered the same day you place the order or any day thereafter."

2016 Jun 5
Smart kart is interesting. It's a limited store set but those particular stores are a pretty huge deal. May use it.

For meal delivery I've been pretty happy with skipthedishes.com.
Great web interface (ffs, gps tracking the food from the restaurant to your door realtime!!!), great customer service the one time a restaurant forgot an item, wide set of restaurants.

2016 Jun 6
Well walmart would deliver Pantry stuff for free if you order $50. This may be an option for heavy aand/or bulky stuff you need frequently.

2016 Jun 7
For most household stuff i find between walmart.ca and amazon prime i'm covered.
For groceries specififcally tho, i find Walmart a little basic and costco a little massive. Loblaws may work out nicely tho.

At least until Farm Boy and/or Whole Foods get into the game.

2016 Jun 8
WholeFoods have delivery in US from what I remembered. I know in London UK you can buy stuff and I think you can schedule delivery (free over a certain purchase) same as M&S.

Yeah cannot see having to buy 4-6 packs of something at Costco when I often only need 1 or 2..

I think farm boy would only do it if whole foods starts doing it..

2016 Jun 8
The other hitch with delivery groceries is timing.

I don't care if a box of toilet paper sits outside my door all day, but dairy and meat will be a problem most of the year.

If they were to narrow down the delivery window to an hour, maybe two, I'd seriously consider it.

2016 Jun 19
Certain Loblaws and Walt-marts now have a service where you order on their website and pick up at the store. I believe you text when you get there and they bring it out to your car. At Loblaws there is a charge 3-5 dollars and you have to pick a certain timeslot. Stuff is kept cold until you get there. I have not tried it but I have been tempted.

2016 Jun 20
$5 for delivery but every item is quite a bit marked up.