spaghetti & meatballs? [Food/Vendor]

2016 May 10
So my 4 YO has been telling me he wants spaghetti and meatballs for his birthday dinner. I could think of 1000 things I would rather cook especially since he has never had these before and I have never cooked them. We think we may pimp our bodies out to East Side Mario's to make it effortless but does anyone have any other suggestions on where to take him that would have more delightful selections for the rest of us?

2016 May 10
Zola's in Bell's Corners may be alternate - but I don't know if they have a kids menu, haven't been there for years. ESM is pretty easy for kids, I've usually just had a salad or something light, then enjoy something at home later :) Other places I've thought of in the West end also lack a kids menu on the websites.

2016 May 10
You may be right with ESM. They do make an excellent meatball and pasta. I've actually really had it. The meatballs are nice and tender.

Almost any pizza place has it on their menu, though I've never ordered it from one.

2016 May 10
We took our twins to Kelsey's for their 3rd or 4th birthday. A little more upscale for the adults - I think they even allowed us to bring our own cake. They have a children's menu with noodles but don't know if they specifically have spaghetti. Other option might be Boston Pizza. A good old pizza place like Colonnade ... My kids like Lonestar but they don't seem to have spaghetti.

You could try the Grand in the market ...

or

Robbie's

I must be hungry and my lunch just did not measure up.

Let us know what you decide to go with ...

2016 May 10
Man, I haven't been to Robbie's in ages (since the Walkley one closed, I reckon). Gotta add a Robbie's Special to my EAT SOON list.

2016 May 10
The Prescott. They probably have a kiddy size too.

2016 May 10
The Prescott has an excellent kids menu (they offer pasta with butter for those extra picky little ones). And the spaghetti and meatballs are good in their own unique way. You can order just a meatball and sauce. And again the pizza and salads are always fresh and decent. We went for a birthday party recently--15 people and all the food arrived quickly, at the same time, hot and fresh. The desserts are made in house and are very good also.

2016 May 10
I have not had the spaghetti and meatballs at La Favorita on Preston but I know that they have it on the menu and their food is good in general so you would probably do well there.

2016 May 10
I used to go to Zola's a lot when I worked at Nortel in Bell's Corners - it was always a rock solid place for pasta for sure. Have not been there in 10 years mind you. You might also consider www.kristys.ca just because :-)

2016 May 16
Boston pizza is good, but the kids pastas are really lacking.

I just had a spaghetti with Rose sauce.
It was quite underwhelming.

Also have tried the kids bugs and cheeze pasta, it is bug shaped pasta with alfredo sauce.
It is ok,
That is all they have for kid pasta.

Can your kid order from the regular menu, it looks much better.

Swiss chalet has really good kids pasta with chicken,I can only get it for takeout as I am an adult.

Can your kids order off the adult/regular menu?
Unless you do not want them to.
My dad used to let my sister and I order anything we wanted on the menu- this is when we were 5 and 6 years old.
Waiters were always so surprized at that,it was kind of funny!

I remember going to Nates, Place Next Door, Hemingway's, Rockwell's, St Hubert's.
Now that I buy my own food,I am really on a budget...too many bills to pay.

2016 May 20
If "delightful" is code for good cocktails and wine, the meatballs at Town on Elgin St. are great and I'm sure they could get some spaghetti going - best to check in advance. This is a nicer place but the trick is to go before the dinner rush with kids, say 5-ish, when the restaurant is basically empty. The staff are fantastic. Bring your own colouring and crayons though. It's not that kind of place :) It's pricier, for sure.