Chicago-style Deep Dish Pizza? [General]

2016 Apr 22
Ive been lurking for a while, and finally decided to join.

Does anyone know where I can find Chicago-style deep dish pizza in Ottawa? In fact... I'll drive to Montreal of I have to.

Little Casars + Slice&CO just aren't cutting it.

2016 Apr 23
I too would like to know if a decent, authentic version exists in this town. I've lived in Ottawa for 20+ years and have yet to find a pizza place that offers one.

2016 Apr 24
Not really sure what style of pizza this is, but it is from Super Duper Pizza and quite thick.
The crust was thick, then they add tomato sauce, some toppings under the cheese, a ton of cheese and some toppings on top.

This was a Med pizza with mushroom and green pepper.
I did not weigh my pizza this time, but the small 4 slice 10" pizza is around 750 grams with bacon and pineapple.
Med pizza is 12" and 8 slices. Lrg is 15".

Large one item pizza is $23.50.
their Facebook for Super Duper Pizza has some crazy, huge pizza pictures.

2016 Apr 24
I fear you're just gonna have to go to Chicago.

2016 Apr 25
Not Chicago Style - but we have been ordering from KS on the Keys for our Friday pizza nights. Ask for Well done and NOT CUT. It is some pretty killer Za. Great crust and toppings, and the well done really crisps up the top layer of cheese nicely, while it stays gooey in the middle.

The No cutting allows the crust underneath to stay nice and crisp - no cheese oil leaking between the pieces to soggy up the bottom.

If you do find some of that delicious deep dish though, please let us know where!

2016 Apr 25
Can anyone weigh-in on the quality of the ingredients of the Super Duper Pizza ?

These heavily loaded cheese-on-top za's are the closest thing to a Chicago Style Pizza I have ever seen in Ottawa.

Maybe even better than the mediocre ones I've had in Chicago, Denver and a few spots in California.

If I see favourable reviews in here, I'll be willing to put out the $38.25 (tax incl) for their large Super Deluxe.

2016 Apr 25
.... and another pic from Super Duper Pizza that I've been drooling over.

2016 Apr 25
Ordered Super Duper once, awhile back. They definitely impressed with their toppings (ordered meatlovers at the time) but I found it to be a tad soggy. This was BEFORE I was tipped off about the "no cut" thing, so that could definitely change things a bit. I haven't ordered from them since due to the price.

Knife and fork pizza for sure. I think they have a deal on Mondays.

(a big sarcastic THANKS for posting that photo Caper :P )