Best Poutine Byward Market/ Centretown [General]

2016 Apr 20
I realize this may boil down to personal preference and I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I am looking for a poutine recommendation in the Byward Market/ Centretown area. I am fairly new to Ottawa myself and my parents are coming in from Alberta, so I want to show them some great poutine. Thanks!

2016 Apr 20
When are they visiting? There are two upcoming poutine fests that would allow irresponsible gorging on many types of poutine in one spot

Sparks St Poutine fest: April 28-May 1
City Hall Poutine fest: May 5-8

2016 Apr 20
Not your standard chip stand/truck poutine - but when I have that poutine craving Elgin Street Diner Philly Cheesesteak Poutine really does it for me. They use skinny fries instead of the thicker variety.

If you want the really good, classic stuff, travel over the bridge and get it on the Quebec side.

2016 Apr 20
Sasha's in the Byward Market beside the Dominion Tavern.

2016 Apr 20
Is Island Flava still around? Their jerk chicken poutine was great.

2016 Apr 20
murray street spaetzle poutine is pretty awesome.

2016 Apr 21
2nd Murray street spatzel pouting. .. my young cousin who is a bit of a picky eater loved it

2016 Apr 21
Thanks everyone! They are in town this weekend, so I don't think the Poutine Fest will work, but good idea. I've had the spatzel poutine at Murray Street, super tasty!

2016 Apr 26
They are in town this weekend.
Poutinefeste is this weekend.

Seems like synchronicity to me.

...but otherwise, Zack's in the Market does a solid 'classic' poutine. Not the bestest, but solid.

2016 Apr 28
Thanks!

What about in Gatineau? Any good recommendations for there?