Baby shower cake - carrot [General]

2016 Apr 15
I'm in the market for a nice cake for a baby shower and was looking for options on here, since I have minimal experience with cake. It's been requested that the cake be carrot, but there's some flexibility. It should be for roughly 18-20 people. Thanks!

2016 Apr 15
IMO 3 Tarts on Wellington does a very good carrot cake.

2016 Apr 16
The Cake Shop on Wellington West does a very tasty carrot cake and it looks stylishly tasty as well.
www.thebestcakeshop.com

At the other end of the spectrum, as carrot cake goes Costco is good.

2016 Apr 16
I had mixed experience with the Cake Shop with a sugar free cake that was frozen but must have been defrosted earlier than they said since it had moldy berries on it. Some have found their cupcake a bit dry, likely not fresh.

If you plan to buy from them, I would suggest order from them in advance for the date and get it in writing that it would be freshly made that day.

2016 Apr 17
Farm Boy has really good carrot muffins-if you put icing on them you could call them cupcakes.
They are the new carrot, raisin, walnut muffins. They are also huge.
But them you would have to find some icing and something to decorate them.

Whole Foods has a good carrot cake with cream cheese icing.

I think Todric's restaurant can do a carrot cake if you ask, and I'm pretty sure Life of Pie also makes them sometimes.

2016 Apr 17
I and a friends/coworkers have had bad experiences with the
Cake shop as well.

Mike at Cake and Shake will do full size cakes fir special order.
His carrot cake is also excellent.

2016 Apr 17
The Cakes at Thyme & Again are superb. You might be able to order carrot. Their lemon thyme cake is wonderful. Very pretty for a shower and quite dense like carrot cake.

2016 Apr 18
Cake and Shake is good, but their single serving cakes are so sweet and they use a ton of icing "balls" and their fillings are very sugary too.
So much that I could not finish my last chocolate, cream, icing something cake.

Usually I can eat a lot of sugar and do eat a lot of maple sugar/syrup- but the cakes with the icing, fillings and toppings are just a bit much.

I tried to eat 3 small cakes from Cake and Shake last year, over 2 days and that was hard to don (my mother got me 3 of their haloween cakes, actually 4, but one I gave away- and my sister thought it was way to sweet. I did not ask her, but she called me long distance to tell me that...).