Instantpot - programmable pressure cooker (continued) [General]

2016 Apr 14
I have my Instantpot lasagna recipe pretty much where I want it so I thought I would post it. Note that all ingredients go into this raw and I use a 7" spingform pan.

6 Dry flat lasagna noodles, no curly edges, not oven ready
500 ml pasta sauce
150 gm Ricotta cheese
1 t dried basil
1 egg
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus a bit more for the topping
150 gm shredded mozzerella
300 gm Italian sausage

IMPORTANT: SPRAY THE PAN

Mix ricotta, basil, parm and egg together with some salt and pepper.

Soak noodles in boiling water to soften them, making them easier to cut to fit pan.

Put a couple of spoonfuls of sauce in the bottom of the pan. Cover with:

A layer of noodles
1/2 of ricotta mixture
half the sausage
Some mozz
sauce

Repeat.

Add top layer of noodles, add rest of sauce sprinkle with remaining mozz and some parm. .

Cover with greased aluminum foil. Place on trivet in IP with 1 1/2 cups water.

Cook 20 minutes on manual HP, then natural release for 20 minutes.

Remove from IP and let sit for 10 minutes before removing side of pan and serving.

Note: I often use a jarred marinara sauce and will reduce it on the stove a bit before using it. Also, I mixed in some harissa into the pasta sauce for some oomph.

2016 Apr 16
Perfect - thanks! I really want to try this one.

2016 Apr 16
I might have to give this a try too. It is amazing how versatile the Instant Pot is. A few weeks back, I made a cheesecake in it and it was amazing. Considering that I bought it to replace a rice cooker, I am amazed how it has turned into one of our go to kitchen gadgets. Tonight I am making risotto in the Instant Pot.

2016 Apr 17
There is an 8qt model out now, but not sure if it's available in Canada or just the USA. I don't have one. From pictures it seems to be slightly wider and taller than the 6qt.

2016 Apr 17
If you do make it, make sure your pasta sauce is not too thin. It holds together better if it is thicker which is why I reduce bought sauces.

2016 Apr 19
I bought an Instant Pot a couple months ago and have used it a few times.
I really need to get around to using it every week,since it is a good machine.

My problem right now is being too exhausted to cook or go to the grocery store and then getting take out food instead (mostly healthy stuff-there is a middle eastern bakery right beside me,the vegetable pies are really good and cheap).

Lasagna sounds like a good dish to make-I will try making it w chicken and vegetables,I think.

2016 Apr 19
The Instantpot is great for 'too tired to cook,' here are some things you can make in under an hour, start to finish, with minimal prep (chop an onion, open a can of tomatoes) and mainly pantry items:

- dal makhani
- enchiladas verdes
- pulled chicken and black bean burritos
- beef stew

And on and on. I don't even soak my dry beans/lentils, just a quick pick for stones, a rinse, and in they go. The prep is usually under 15 minutes, press a button or two, and wait for the Instantpot to do its thing. Plenty of leftovers that pack/freeze nicely.

2016 Jul 12
For anyone who's got Amazon Prime, the DUO 60 is $95 today, shipped. Lowest I've ever seen it.

2016 Jul 12
Duo 60 with the yogurt maker !!! I paid 130$ plus tax I think last year...

2016 Jul 12
i signed up for the free Prime trial period just now, purchased the Duo, and will cancel Prime once it arrives. :)

2016 Jul 12
I had cancelled my Prime membership, but I re-upped so I could order this. I go back and forth on Prime so we'll see if I use it much in the next month or two. If not, I'll cancel again.

2016 Jul 12
Looks like if you sign up for Prime free 2 day shipping you can get your Instant Pot in a week😀. Where can you buy green peanuts?

2016 Jul 12
for an extra $4 mine is arriving Friday.

2016 Jul 12
All sorts of delays related to the threat of a Canada Post work stoppage.

2016 Jul 14
According to the news, 250,000 InstantPots were sold on Amazon yesterday alone, as part of the Amazon Prime promotion.

When I first saw the invention years ago, I liked it, but was kind of skeptical any money would be made from it. :-)

2016 Jul 14
Well I purchased it Tuesday at lunch for my niece's engagement present after singing up for prime and got it this afternoon.. 2 day shipping from TO/Mississauga...

2016 Jul 14
Interesting that mine is coming from New Wesmister BC, ordered July 12 and said to arrive July 15. My last two Purolator shipments have been delayed at least two days each.

2016 Jul 14
Mine came UPS.. I think I was one of the earlier ones so came out of Amzon fulfillment center.

2016 Jul 14
Mine showed up today too. Excellent.

2016 Jul 15
And then there is this:

Date Local Time City Description
Jul 14, 2016 12:08 p.m. Ottawa, ON Delayed in transit
Jul 12, 2016 1:00 a.m. Ottawa, ON Delayed in transit
Jul 11, 2016 3:53 p.m. Toronto Sort Ctr/ctr Tri, ON Departed sort facility
Jul 11, 2016 3:33 p.m. Toronto Sort Ctr/ctr Tri, ON Arrived at sort facility
Jul 11, 2016 3:32 p.m. Toronto Sort Ctr/ctr Tri, ON Picked up by Purolator
Jul 11, 2016 9:05 a.m. Purolator Shipping label created with reference(s): 1, 50544634, DgY2xPfXN,

They seem busy.

2016 Jul 20
Got it today

2016 Jul 21
Wow a bit of a delay..

2016 Sep 12
The Canadian appliance that is blowing people's minds . . .

www.chatelaine.com

2016 Sep 13
If the Liberal gov ever gets around to pot legalization, the cross marketing opportunities will be golden.