Good Chicken Tenders [General]

2016 Apr 14
Hi All,

Any idea where I can find some good chicken tenders? I used to love the ones from DSF

2016 Apr 14
DSF?..

2016 Apr 14
Detroit Soul Food. Closed. Try Zaki's.

2016 Apr 14
Or Crispy's. Or heck, Popeye's.

2016 Apr 14
Definitely Crispy's on Woodroffe. Just remember that they cook everything fresh from scratch, so it'll take at least 10 minutes from ordering. Not a long time, really. Oh, and they're delicious. And salty. The fries are great, too. I never use the sauces, but the gravy is good with the fries.

2016 Apr 17
Shawarma House is good- they make them while you wait.
I have only tried them from the Walkley rd location.
tHE gravy at Shawarma house is also really good and I was told it was vegetarian (I find that hard to believe,but their gravy is good...now I want some).

Popeye's is ok, but they use shortening and even the mild version can be quite spicy.
When the tenders are not hot, it is kind of gross with the shortening.

Dairy Queen has great chicken fingers/tenders for a chain- they are only white meat and really good.

Swiss chalet has good chicken tenders, but for some reason they are only on the kids menu online.

Whole Foods has chicken tenders you can order online and I think they have them in the hot buffet or for sale sometimes.
-I have not tried them,but I'm sure they would be good.

The Riverside hospital cafeteria actually has really good chicken finger's/tenders. They are all white meat and they cook them only when you order them (takes at least 5 minutes).
They get them from frozen and they charge $1.50 for 1pc, but they are huge.
I pass through that building often enough, that the cafeteria workers know me a bit and a really good for answering questions about the food there.
So if you have any apts in that building,the cafeteria is actually good there. (they are only open till 2pm, weekdays only).
-the gravy there is really not that good,but their dipping sauces are good, but they charge .25 per sauce. But they have the "old" Harvey's style mustard sauce- the lynch brand honey mustard-I usually buy a couple while there.

I can't think of any other places I have tried chicken tenders from.
Some of the Independent grocery stores have some with their fried hot food section and they were good when I did try them.

2016 Apr 17
Atomic Rooster's chicken fingers are a bit of a different take -- they're very good (if a touch dry) and nice for a change from the usual (and you can always dip em if you do find them too dry).

The Loblaws prepared foods counter (where the whole bbq chickens/potato wedges/etc are sold..) sells good ones, too.. they're pretty big and not overly thick on the breading.

2016 Apr 18

If you get the Swiss Chalet ones, try to order online or at least for take out- that way it falls under the $6.99 kids meal.

For the kids meal you get a side (fries, baked potato,soup, salad or other stuff), you also get a dessert and the worms and dirt dessert is quite good- it is a chocolate pudding- tastes like the instant stuff you mix with milk at home (which is fine), there a some gummy worms and topped with oreo cookie crumbs.
The dessert is a cup size or 8oz and seems quite large for a kids dessert.

St Hubert's is also good, but I found the best deal for the actual chicken fingers is to order the kids UFO sandwich (made with 2 of the chicken fingers), normally it has sauce/mayo and cheese, lettuce.

I get it w no sauce, no cheese-and it is just served in a bun w lettuce,you get fries and a drink box (oasis tropical or orange juice) and a apple sauce pouch or cookies.
It is around $7 and I just ask for some dipping sauces, it does come w St Hubert sauce.

I prob get chicken fingers once a week somewere and my mother who is visiting is obsessed w chicken fingers lately and eats them once a day from a take-out place.

2016 Apr 23
I don't know if they are even on the menu but I am wondering if anyone has tried the chicken at Salt&Pepper Express on March Road North? I am curious about any offerings there.