Any interest in a hands on sushi workshop at T&T [General]

2016 Apr 11
Any interest in a hands on sushi workshop at T&T? Their regularly scheduled one which was reschedule only does a couple of types of rolls.

I got a quote for many different types of sushi in terms of roll, Nagra and others for $20 for a class of 10. Actually it was 200$ for a maximum class size if of 10. They will not deal with raw fish due to concerns of bacteria but can do shrimp, eal, eggs or rose caviar eggs.

Any interest?

2016 Apr 15
Okay, the additional information are :

Length of class : 1 hour 30 minutes (but often ran to 2 hours)
Possible dates: Tues June 7 6:30-8:00 (maybe till 8:30). Options in early May?
Size of class: maximum 10 people in this hands-on class and cost will be
$200/ size of class so with 8 it would be $25 and with 10 it would be $20.

Proposed class:

For us to choose from different sections (and everyone will make the same thing with possibly accompdation for vegetarians):
A. 1 maki roll from: dragon roll, California roll or futomaki roll
B. 1 Temaki hand roll from: Mango shrimp or smoked salmon
C: 2 Gunkan from: fish roe, egg, shrimp, seaweed, corn, tuna salad
D: 2 Nigiri from: Eel, shrimp, avocado, egg, tofu

For full information / proposal see
drive.google.com

2016 Apr 23
Okay the preferred dates of some that were interested were May 10 or May 17?

If someone is interested with the possible May dates, let me know.

2016 May 3
My niece went to the rescheduled regular class in my stead and she really liked the California roll and chicken teriyaki roll they made and she had fun making it

2016 May 3
Here is the in progress shot

2016 May 4
I just finalized the details for the handson sushi workshop

Date: Tuesday May 10 6:30 pm

Covers:

A. Maki roll - Dragon roll with tempura shrimp and avocado
B. Hand roll - Philadelphia with smoked salmon and cream cheese
C. 2 Gunkan - fish roe and egg
D. 2 Nigiri - eel and shrimp

Cost: likely $25-30 since it is $200 / # of participants for up to 10 and I have 5 confirmed and some maybes.
I am aiming for 8 for the class

2016 May 5
Okay I have 8 people confirmed and still hearing back from some previous maybes.

* Foodtravel +3
* GT +3

You get to sample the rolls you made in the class and there will be green tea and miso soup to accompany the sushi.

This was a bit more complicated to organize than I first expected so hopefully more people can get to enjoy the custom workshop. I might have up to 2-4 spots available if someone is interested. Maximum Cost would be $30 but likely lower. At 8 it would be $25pp and if we get 10 it would be $20pp.

2016 May 8
We are now at 8 people but we can go up to 10 if someone else is interested. So maximum cost should be 25$. If we get to 10 it is $20pp.

Went to T&T yesterday and paid for the entire workshop so it is all set.

2016 May 8
Now at 9... 1 last spot remaining.

2016 May 10
Pretty good evening with the private sushi workshop for 9. A good group and some good vibe. There was 1 on the group needing GF due to sensitivity and it was accommodated with cooked shrimp instead of tempura shrimp for the dragon roll..

So for less than what I would spend on a sushi dinner I had the dinner and the cooking class with green tea and miso soup.

8 pieces of dragon roll
Philadelphia hand roll
Shrimp Nigiri
Egg Nigiri
Eel Gunkan
Fish roe Gunkan

2016 May 10
Here is The instructor's plate and it looks a bit better than mine... I guess I need more practice.

2016 Sep 10
Okay I have booked another Hands on Sushi workshop at T&T for Dec 8...

4 spots gone in 1 day so 6 remaining..

Likely cost $20-30 depending on number of people..