'08 Ottawa/Outaouais Entertainment Book [General]

2007 Dec 15
ottawa.entertainment.com

Since people were talking about it, please refer to the link above!

2008 Jan 16
I'd like to mention that the generally accepted etiquette when using Entertainment coupons is that you present the coupon before they ring up the bill. I believe this is mentioned in the book.

2008 Mar 15
You guys will not believe this! I ordered my 2008 Entertainment book in December. I was catching up on foodie posts recently and realised I never got the book. I checked my credit card to see if I had ever been charged and yes, the charge was there. So today I finally called to ask where the heck my book was, and it turns out it had been delivered, someone OPENED THE BOX, filled out the return slip, and sent the book back!

So, I had to order my book all over again :(

2008 Mar 15
I got my book as a present in late January from a foodie friend. I hadn't had one in years (didn't know of anyone selling them as a fundraiser). I've only used it 2 or 3 times, and it has already PAID FOR ITSELF. Now that I know you can order them off the internet, I won't go without again.

PS... If you register your card / book on the Website you can get even more coupons. Plus if you are going on holiday to a city in the USA or Canada it might be worth considering ordering a book ahead of time for that location.

2008 Mar 18
do you think its too late to pick one up now?
Because it's only fro 2008 right, I can't use any of the coupons into 2009?

2008 Mar 19
Sadie Lady - You can probably get the book for $ 20 or $ 25 now (depending on where you buy it). I wouldn't say it was too late... because it is such a great way to save money (LOTS of 2 for 1 etc). There is also coupons for other things like Museum Visits, Movie Theatres, Drycleaning, etc. Like I said it paid for itself with just 2 or 3 uses. If I recall though, some of the coupons expire in November, (not sure if they all do) when the 2009 Book will come out.

2008 Mar 19
Yeah I think you can actually get them for 50% off from the entertainment book website. I think I got an email about it a week or two back.

2008 Mar 19
Sadie Lady - I checked their website www.ottawa.entertainment.com and they are indeed listing the books for 50% off ($ 17 US). But you might have to pay shipping etc. and wait for it to arrive.

I noticed that www.usedottawa.com lists several NEW & UNUSED books available across the region (no doubt fundraising groups trying to rid themselves of their leftovers). It looks like you can find one there for $ 20 CDN. The good news is you can get it right away, the bad news is you'll probably have to drive somewhere to pick it up.

2008 Mar 20
Pam: those tools! I wonder how often that happens?

Oh! And they're 50% off now until the middle of April! ottawa.entertainment.com

2008 Mar 20
Pam: does this mean you had to pay for the book twice? :(

2008 Mar 20
F&T: Man, I sound like a broken record! Sorry for repeating what you said. I thought about it again because it only said the offer was valid to March 14th in the e-mail I received. :)

2008 Mar 22
Candice, no, they said they would refund the original price. Hmm, but now that I look I see it's not been refunded. Time to call again!

2008 Mar 22
Oh good, I'm glad that you won't have to pay twice. I just hope you actually get the book this time!

2008 Mar 28
what is everybodies fav coupon or discount from the book that is used most often?

2008 Mar 31
The ones for The Standard and The Black Bear get good marks from me, simply because it's cheap food to go with your drinks.

I also wish I had more 2-for-1 Domino's coupons. God I love Domino's pizza.