Heinz vs French's Ketchup [General]

2016 Mar 5
Anyone done a taste test yet? I am leaning to switch to French's due to ownership and local content issues but I need to try it first.

2016 Mar 5
Have not tried it yet, but I will be switching when I find it.

I find every ketchup tastes different, but none of them are bad. So it would be pretty difficult for French's to screw it up bad enough to make me not want to buy it.

Currently we have GT ketchup in the fridge, but it is also made in the USA

2016 Mar 5
I prefer the taste of French's vs Heinz; it's not as sweet (at least according to my taste buds).

2016 Mar 6
Reports say it does not have high fructose corn syrup

2016 Mar 8
We bought French's when if first came out and was avaiable at Costco (fall?). It tasted fine, unless you were doing a side by side comparison, I doubt most people would notice the difference from Heinz. Unfortunately Costco stopped carrying it.

2016 Mar 8
Yes, but Costco has Hunt's! But, sadly, not made in Ontario. I never liked Heinz. I'll switch to French's when my Hunt's is gone.

2016 Mar 9
I`ve gone off Heinz on general principal... too sweet, too salty, not tomatoey enough, tastes to me like tepid nostalgia... that said, absent any other ketchup options i`ll eat it.
French`s is a bit better.
Hunt`s not so much... too fake tomatoey.

...and yes, tomatoey IS a word.

2016 Mar 13
I can't tell the difference off the bat. Any difference is small.

2016 Mar 13
Last bottle of ketchup I bought was pc blue menu due to lower salt and sugat after reading a lot of labed and nutritional info. It does the job but not one I would search through different stores for.

2016 Mar 14
Interesting turn of events

www.cbc.ca

2016 Mar 14
Dollars to donuts Heinz paid Loblaw to stop carrying it.

Wait for it ... it will come out.

2016 Mar 15
Of course Heinz paid for French's space. 3G and Warren Buffet care very little about your preferences.

2016 Mar 15
Or could French bulked about paying the listing fee required? The listing fee can be high if the supermarket think you will sell a lot of it.

Saw a little new clip and they said the French use Lemington tomatoes but it is processed in the US..

2016 Mar 15
LOBLAWS STATEMENT: We will re-stock French’s ketchup and hope that the enthusiasm we see in media...translates into sales of the product.

2016 Mar 15
Bought some. Let's see.

2016 Mar 15
French's 7% sodium vs Heinz 6%. Same ingredients as far as the label goes. Just a philosophical choice at this point.

2016 Mar 16
Loblaws makes their own brand.
Walmart still carries Frenchs.
Non-story... Needs more drama. I want Frenchs to withdraw their mustard in retaliation

2016 Mar 17
Et voila....

www.calgaryherald.com

2016 Mar 18
Big story on the CBC about the ketchup wars this morning.