Maple water [General]

2016 Mar 4
Aka Canada's coconut water. Anyone try it? I picked up this bottle in the cafeteria at 200 portage, haven't seen it in Ontario. I could not detect any maple flavour. Tastes more like lemon/Citrus water to me.

2016 Mar 4

Anyone selling West Coast Rainforest Water yet ?

You know, West Coast Rainforest Water ..... Sourced from clouds originating in the Pacific Ocean and collected dripping from the leaves and needles of native trees.

100% gluten free, fair traded, non-GMO all natural rainwater.

2016 Mar 4
I only drink the tears of virgins, I'm very thirsty.

2016 Mar 4
Tough call.... either mildly nauseating, or something I need to make a cocktail with.

2016 Mar 4
@Hungry Pete - consider switching to the tears of cantankerous old men. While decidedly bitter, they are plentiful.

2016 Mar 4
I mix a few tablespoons of maple syrup into a glass of water - it is absolutely fantastic!

2016 Mar 4
In two weeks or so........THE REAL STUFF...... is right in front of you....spigot.hammer.tin can
Works for me....
Magic.....
:)

2016 Mar 5
I have tried fresh maple sap, and it's delicious.

So we sell bottled water for a dollar for a liter, but we sell maple syrup for $16 a liter, boiled down 70:1. Why not just sell maple sap ? Even if it was the price of water the net revenue would be greater. It has a light and wonderful taste.

2016 Mar 5
According to my friend with a small sugarbush, fresh unboiled sap gives you the Leon Trotskies ... so be careful out there.

I find sap really does not taste much like anything. Most of the flavour in maple syrup comes from the maillard reaction of the boiling.

2016 Mar 5
Ooo! I love Maple Water! Especially if it's been boiled down and poured liberally over buttered pancakes.