Calabogie Brewing Co. Food & Beer Pairing and Tutored Tasting [Events]

2016 Mar 3
Calabogie Brewing Co. Food & Beer Pairing and Tutored Tasting
@ Petit Bill's Bistro
Mon, 21 Mar at 6:30 PM
$55 + Eventbrite fees =$57.53 (Tax and tip included)

www.eventbrite.ca

I heard good feedback of the last Beer dinner with Bicycle. I was interested in that dinner on Feb 8th, but I was in Toronto at the time. Looking at it if tax and tip is included in the price, the dinner is roughly $42-43 for the meal and the beer samples.

Anyone else interested in the dinner?

2016 Mar 3
We already have our tickets. We were out anyway and going past there so I stopped in and picked them up. No EventBrite fees.:) I also posted this event on the Petit Bill's Bistro vendor page. Tax and tip is included in the price.

2016 Mar 3
lol.. nice FF. So when did you get your ticket? Dah, you got it on Tuesday by the look of things.

I was there for a late lunch after a meeting on Tuesday but did not buy the ticket yet but will likely do it next week after I check something.

2016 Mar 5
FF and any others going to this event, do we want to get a table together??

2016 Mar 6
We'd be happy to make up a table if others are interested.

2016 Mar 15
Anyone else going? I am going to submit the table list tomorrow.

We have 5 currently
* felinefan
* felinefan +1
* foodtravel
* +2

The menu is up on
petitbillsbistro.com

2016 Mar 16
Just had a look at the menu. Looks yummy.

2016 Mar 16
I went there yesterday since I had a meeting close by and paid for the ticket without the eventbrite.ca fees and did debit to save them some fees since I saved some fees. Hope Thierry and Randy did not have to pay for eventbrite fees for my ticket. I was told they only have 8 tickets left.

For those that are too lazy to click a link for the menu;)

The evening’s menu will be:

Saison

Pate a Choux – Duck rillette puff with a bakeapple gastrique.

Session

Spring Salad – Orange supremes, apple, pears, grapes, shaved fennel, Acorn creek sprouts, sunflower seeds, mint oil and pineapple crème fraiche.

Nut Brown

French cut pork chop with a shallot and amaretto cream sauce. Served with yellow potato and parsnip mashed and brown butter seared brussel sprouts.

Bourbon Stout

Chocolate espresso mousse in a candied pecan phyllo cup with a butterscotch whip cream.

2016 Mar 19
Okay emailed Thierry / Randy and we should be at the same table with maybe 1 random person since we are 5 now.

2016 Mar 19
Good. In whose name is the reservation?

2016 Mar 19
Probably under your name still just seated together but if not it would be under my name

2016 Mar 19
Okay, thank you. Looking forward to it.

2016 Mar 20
All sold out, thanks for the help everyone!

2016 Mar 21
Looking forward to it, Terry.

We now have a table of 6 hopefully since the 6th I don't know the full name just the first name and it was likely the last ticket sold. I have mailed the names for sitting at the same table.

2016 Mar 21
Almost there. I am wearing a white windbreaker black emeritus team new Zealand Polo shirt and tan pant with short black hair

2016 Mar 21
Fantastic dinner with excellent beer matches. But the star for me was the bourban stout, with the chocolate espresso mousse...

Feline fan won the ruffle for some wine glasses, a couple of t-shirts and a couple of bottles of beer, including one of the bourbon stout yum...

Good table and good company.

2016 Mar 21
Thanks for the update..
So happy to hear about the dinner, I am so proud of our team...

I know Mike's guys from Calabogie were excited!

Terry

2016 Mar 21
It started with a glass of unfiltered wheat and they even came over with refills.

The duck rilette was very tasty and well paired with tasting glass of Saison

2016 Mar 21
Spring salad was a little different and the initial sip from the tasting glass of session seems a tad unusual and I was not certain if I liked it or not but when the 2 were pair together. ..very tasty :D The chef/kitchen team left out the sunflower seeds since it would otherwise overpowered the dish.

2016 Mar 21
The pork chop was beautiful and it was accompanied by a full glass of nut brown.

Only thing left on my plate was a skinning pork chops bone. If I was home, I might have picked up the bone and gnawed on it lol..

2016 Mar 22
FT, I did some bone gnawing at an upscale place once, and was complimented by our server for my gusto. I think it's acceptable, and even considered a high compliment to the chef, after all it means the food is so good, you want every last morsel.
I believe the line is drawn at plate licking. . . . . . . . . .

2016 Mar 22
lol Pete Does using bread to soak up all the sauce on your plate count?

2016 Mar 22
Forgot to post the picture of the dessert ... now try to find a place to buy the boubon stout without heading out to Calabogie uhmm

2016 Mar 22
I performed some bone-gnawing at Petit Bill's Bistro when I was there Saturday evening, and surprisingly "the wife" did not even complain about it!

2016 Mar 22
3 calaboogie beer still on the tap till they ran out.

The wheat/Paddy, the red season and the nut brown
A shame they did not have the bourbon stout

2016 Mar 22
FT, you even get extra credit if you have to ask for more bread. . . . . . . .

2016 Mar 22
I was one of the people at FT's table and I agree with everything she said. The food was excellent and for someone who doesn't normally drink beer, I enjoyed the pairings. This is an evening that is excellent value for money and I look forward to attending other events there. Winning the raffle didn't hurt either.:)

2016 Mar 22
lol FF really scored last night :D the excitement at the table when we realized that she won ... yeah.