Diet root beer [General]

2016 Jan 28
Hey everyone! new to the site and am looking for different types of DIET root beer in the Ottawa/Kanata area.
I don't think IBC is available anywhere out this way, I have found the diet A&W and Grace in the kitchen here in Kanata has a few root beers as does the bulk barn but they do not have any diet versions.
Any help in finding any of these or other DIET ROOT BEERS in area would be greatly appreciated

Diet IBC
Diet Barq's
Diet Stewart's
Diet pop shoppe
Diet Jones
Diet Boylan's
Diet Hires
Diet Hank's
Diet Mug
Diet Dad's

Thanks again for any assistance.

2016 Feb 5
I have seen Diet Mug Root beer in Loblaws in Barrhaven.

2016 Feb 5
What are you making with it? Asking as other foodies might have diet recipes suggestions?

2016 Feb 8
Winelover- Thanks for that. I will take a drive out to have a look at the Loblaws.

LF- no I am not making it at this point, just find it hard to find anything but diet A&W (not that I dislike that) for diet root beers in this area.

I drove up to Ogdensburg last weekend and made out great. I came back with

diet IBC (really great stuff and it was on sale!)
diet Stewarts (very good)
diet Barq's (good but I would take the A&W over it)
diet Polar (not to bad and reasonably priced. only in 1 litre bottle sizes)

Found the diet Boylans (also really great) at the Cedar and Company stores on Bank street (they are not sure if they are getting any more diet in)

Found the diet Berghoff (absolutely fantastic) at grace in the kitchen (they are not getting anymore in until the dollar turns around as it is too expensive to bring it in from Chicago! Damn!!!)

Anyone else with any helpful hints or locations????

2016 Feb 16
I've gotten diet Boylans from Farm Boy (Bank St and Trainyards), but it's a pretty random find.

2016 Feb 17
Nice. Had diet Boylan in Vancouver and quite like them

2016 Feb 17
Diet root beer- google aspartame. You may wish to change to stevia soft drinks. Just a thought.

2016 Feb 18
@ W.C

Google 'fear mongering' and don't presume people need you to tell them what to drink.

2016 Feb 18
Whether good or bad, whenever I get a softdrinks I go diet (including aspartame versions:0) I tried diet, zero and a stevia cola in Europe, taste was a bit off, but I like the idea of natural ingredients. If you'd like to try stevia colas including root beer bulk barn has some. The south keys location had a few cans of stevia root beer if you are curious to try. Haven't tasted it yet. If anyone does report back:)

2016 Feb 19
LF was the stevia cola Zevia brand? have not tried the root beer one but have tasted a few other flavours in the US. They are okay but not my favourite. uhmm just read that Zevia uses Truvia.

Vitamin Water Zero tend to be my Stevia drink of choice even though they use Truvia by Cargill and Coca Cola which I am not that comfortable about since they changed the chemical compound to patent it and uses genetically engineered ingredients and likely GMO corn for the erythritol. Same with Purevia by Merisant and Pepsico which I am not keen on.

Aside from Stevia which are still newish, I tried to get Splenda / Sucralose based diet drinks if I can then aspartame but usually try to avoid the Saccharin or Cyclamate ones with the odd exception.

I have been using stevia (trader joe's concentrate powder) in different home brewed ice teas using herbal tea or fruit flavoured tea bags with some juice.. Kind of enjoy these when I have the time.

2016 Feb 19
Indeed, it was Zevia, I went back to bulk barn, the ingredient list on the can included stevia extract and Erythritol. It had strong herbal medicine flavour, their other soda might be better. On the plus side it had zero calories but it didn't really taste like good root beer.