Allium Monday Taps Night Event? [General]

2016 Jan 26
In the wine tasting thread, there were some interest in Allium and I have been meaning to go back there again for the Monday night tapas. That might be fun done in a group since we can do sample more dishes.

Show of hands please if you are interested...

2016 Jan 26
Count me in:)

2016 Jan 27
need to know the date but I am interested.

2016 Jan 27
Once we get a core group of people we will discuss dates here then select one that fit best. Others can also join after once the event is planned.

2016 Jan 28
I am also interested!

2016 Jan 28
potentially interested depending upon date

2016 Jan 29
Okay Just starting to throw some dates out there..

Feb 22
Feb 29
Mar 21
works for me. I have something on the 7th and thought 14 might be March break so excluded that.

If anyone want to propose another date, feel free.

Please rank dates in order of preference and state which dates are NO.

2016 Jan 31
All three dates are good with me and in no particular order. I can accomodate what dates are best for the rest of the group.

2016 Jan 31
All dates are ok for me as well so far, no preference.

2016 Feb 3
Okay.. How about Mon Feb 22.. I am thinking 6:30pm..
Anyone has issue with that please speak up.

Here is the sample Tapas menu.. Not sure if they change week to week.
www.alliumrestaurant.com

2016 Feb 4
Sounds good to me!

2016 Feb 4
Awesome! Can you count two spots for me? I'll bring a +1

2016 Feb 4
Confirmed:
1. FoodTravel
2. Pasta lover
3. LF
4. LF+1

Maybe
Winelover
LovetoEat

I have set up a reservation for 6 for now and might be able to increase it if there are more interest.

Thank you for your reservation. We are pleased to confirm the following details:

Date: Monday, February 22, 2016
Time: 6:30 PM

Thank you,

Allium Restaurant
87 Holland Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario
613-792-1313

2016 Feb 17
Okay 4 confirmed for next Mon Feb 22 and 2 maybe.

If anyone want to join us raise you hand here.

2016 Feb 17
Sorry, not a good date for me, but keep me in mind for another one, thanks

2016 Feb 18
See you Monday FT and PL:)

2016 Feb 19
I am also looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday night. Only 4 days to go!

2016 Feb 20
T-3 days...

Lovetoeat, will you be able to make it? Also if anyone else is interested to join us, let me know.

2016 Feb 22
Sorry - I can't, it's a busy week for me.

2016 Feb 22
Okay so we are 4..

PL and LF, see you tonight.

2016 Feb 22
See you then!

2016 Feb 22
Sorry running about 2o mins behind

2016 Feb 22
We'll start ordering;)

See you soon

2016 Feb 22
Monday tapas!!!

2016 Feb 22
Fun evening and lots of wonderful food and good company...

2016 Feb 23
Thanks to FoodTravel for organizing this - it was fun!

I ordered the smoked duck breast (top left) which was very thinly sliced - prosciutto-like in fact - and it tasted like bacon! This makes me happy because I love bacon... I also ordered gnocchi with beef short ribs (not shown) and it was equally as delicious.

Pictured middle left are crab croquettes and bottom left is tuna tartare on crispy tortilla.

Pictured top right is a beet salad with goat cheese croquettes I believe?, bottom left shrimp tempura, and bottom right shrimp with foie gras.

Everything was delicious and so flavourful I would return for tapas in a heartbeat.

2016 Feb 23
I think the Tuna tartare LF ordered, the smoked duck breast PL ordered and the shrimp tempura LF's guest ordered were the stars of the night. The beef short rib PL ordered tasted great and I would definitely order a full plate of that if I ever see it on Allium's menu as a main.

The beet salad and the shrimp tempura were such a hit with certain members at the table that a 2nd round was order for both. A 2nd round of fries and aioli came as well.

My foie gras mousse with shrimp was tasty and they were nice enough to bring some slices of baguettes when asked but it did not pop as much as the other tapas. I preferred the crab toast with the crustini, crab, bacon and slice of tomato.

All the tapas were beautifully presented and tasty. Lots of sampling all around which makes it more fun.

Also not pictured are the half Banoffee pies which 2 of us ordered.. I know I inhaled mine lol. I came close to licking the plate when I picked up some missed crust with my finger.

Thanks to LF for being the photographer since her photos are far better than mine usually.

2016 Feb 24
PL - Here is the missing pasta dish;)

2016 Feb 24
Super fun evening, great conversation, pretty and tasty plates this place was great for Monday tapas night. Indeed, the banoffee is delicious (and disappears too quickly to photograph lol...) Thanks again for organizing FT:)