Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch [General]

2016 Jan 19
Where can I buy this in Ottawa? Is all potato starch the same? I know Bob's Red Mill is high in resistant starch.

2016 Jan 19
I believe all potato starch is the same. Bobs Red Mill was good for guaranteed gluten free (i.e. no cross contamination) - but they have had issues with Oats lately. I do not know if this crosses over to other lines of products. We use some other brand of potato starch at home and don't seem to have any issues - works like potato starch.

2016 Jan 19
I think I saw it at Herb and Spice on Wellington. Maybe some of the health food stores maybe Kardish? You can try to give them a call.

2016 Jan 19
Yes, Kardashian on Richmond carries a ton of their stuff as does Rainbow Foods.

2016 Jan 19
I'm not sure about the potato starch specifically but I definitely have purchased their products at Kardish in the glebe and kanata!

2016 Jan 19
Make that Kardish on Richmond. Spelling error due to auto correct. The Kardashians are EVERYWHERE!

2016 Jan 19
Cedars on Bank has it

2016 Jan 19
Walmart online sells Bobs red mill, Well.ca also.

Vitacost is prob the cheapest but comes from the US and shipping is about 10 days.
if you are buying a lot of baking stuff vitacost is the best prices.

I try not to shop at natural food pantry, as they refuse to label their bulk items.
-even after I emailed management of the billings store and they renovated several times?

Cedars is a really good store, there is also a $5 off $50 coupon in the supersaver flyer every month...

2016 Jan 20
Farm Boy also sells Bob's Red Mill products, not very many at the Richmond Rd store. But a good variety at the Merivale and Trainyard stores

2016 Jan 20
Thank you everyone.

If anyone is wondering about resistant starch, there is a concise introduction here: www.gestaltreality.com

2016 Jan 23
I got the Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch. I don't think it's any different from the generic Bulk Barn potato starch. Tastes the same and same tummy effects to both.

2016 Jan 23
So Francis, where did you end up getting it?

2016 Jan 23
I bought 5 bags at amazon.ca, since it's delivered, and I got it the next day with free shipping.

www.amazon.ca

Bulk Barn Potato Starch is about 1/3 the cost though.

Now I'd like to try plantain starch . . . probably won't be much different though.