Noodlefest 2016 [Events]

2016 Jan 17
Okay, so Noodlefest 2016 (Sip n' Slurp) is next weekend: Saturday, January 23rd, 2016. It runs from 5pm to 10pm, at the Shaw Centre.

www.eventbrite.ca

Who, besides my friend and I, is going?
Should we wear the collanders on our heads to show our worshipfulness of His Noodly Appendage, or is that only for spaghetti-themed events? I feel that our religion needs to be more inclusive of other cultures, so I'm all for it.

2016 Jan 17
Anybody have a vendor list.

I asked on their Facebook page ... no response.

2016 Jan 17
Haven't seen a full vendor list but a mention of the following vendors/dishes:
- batchoy (described as Filipino twist on ramen) by Meryenda Snack
- a lobster and a tempura shrimp dish by Miso Japanese
- Malaysian Laksa and vegan laksa by Asian Alley

The previous event I think had Sidedoor and gong fu bao and green papaya too, not sure if they are vendors this year again but maybe?

Apt613 did a cover of the 2015 event apt613.ca

2016 Jan 18
I tried to get in as a vendor at the start of last week (denied) and they told me that they were still looking to get a few more noodle vendors. Take that for whatever it may mean.

2016 Jan 18
That's too bad:( What was your vendor booth theme?

2016 Jan 18
vanilla noodles ;)

2016 Jan 18
Haggis Noodles

2016 Jan 18
Rizzy- do you know any vendors that could sub-lease a 2'X2' spot at their booth ?

2016 Jan 18
Other list of vendors posted there: www.thefoodtease.com

Vendors
• Angry Dragons
• Meryenda Snack
• Kinki
• Petit Peru
• Asian Alley
• Miso Japanese
• Lads Catering
• Streat Gourmet
• 37N Bubble Tea
• Occo Kitchen
• Green Papaya
• East India Co.

PS. I would like to see vanilla noodle;) Not sure about haggis:o might require a side of scotch;)

2016 Jan 19
SCOTCH NOODLES!!!!!

....wait... ew...

2016 Jan 20
I've started making hardwood chopsticks, or as I like to call them ... Hipster Forks. It was going to be the perfect launch point, alas. The other name I was thinking of was Table Cabers.

The ones pictured are Padauk and Walnut, and I have a good quantity of Maple and Ceylonese Ironwood, too.

No, I don't know of anyone who has any space available or i'd be all over them. Usually sub-letting your space is frowned on.

2016 Jan 20
"Table Cabers" is a pretty awesome name - stick with that!

2016 Jan 20
Hipter forks lol... Never thought of them that way but catchy:) Those chopsticks are very pretty especially the ones at the bottom of the photo:))) totally booth worthy in my opinion! Any chance you can get a booth with chopsticks and T&T takeout;)

2016 Jan 23
Okay, that was a dud. The noodle dishes we had were delicious, but most of the booths were out of food by 8:00. Some, before 7:00. That just made lines longer for the other booths. We got there early enough to have tried most of the places I had wanted to. One ran out when we were 10 places from the front. Grrr.

2016 Jan 24
uhmm long lines and out of food... Not a good idea with elderly parents lol. I was playing with the idea of taking them if they felt up to it but I think I will pass.