Pizza around Carleton U [Food/Vendor]

2015 Nov 28
Hi all - I'm from outside of Ottawa but will be near Carleton University this weekend for work.

Can someone suggest a good spot for pizza in the area?

Thank you!

Ben

2015 Nov 28
I am unsure if Forno Antico has re-openned from their fire a while back, but if so there. It's just up Bronson from the University.

2015 Nov 28
It has not reopened. And it's not really near Carleton either (I assume the original poster meant within easy walking distance for lunch or something....). Milano's is a quick walk, at the corner of Seneca and Sunnyside, but no idea if their pizza is any good. Whole Foods is a bit further but has great pizza.

2015 Nov 28
AD...they said they will be near Carleton, not AT. And they didn't say within walking distance. We have no idea which way they are 'near' Carleton...Milano is hit and miss IMO. Sometimes quite good, other times not. But a good starting point. Is Whole Foods closer than the old Forno Antico? No. 1.7km for Whole Foods vs 1.6 for Forno Antico. They're walking!! haha

2015 Nov 29
Right, we don't know where the person will be exactly so I stated an assumption to give my recommendations some context. Whole Foods was the second closest pizza place I could think of, lest the person think there was only one place around. Feel free to add to the list.

2015 Nov 29
Too bad Fida's is long gone. They were great, back in the day!

2015 Nov 29
Totally, loved the dough ball!

2015 Nov 30
Although the weekend has passed I would like to mention that a Forno Spinoff has opened across the street from the old Forno on Bronson - I haven't tried it yet but it does advertise Pizza and Pasta as well as gluten-free options.

Alas Milano's really is the best option distance wise unless you are on-campus actually and could opt for food court pizza pizza (not recommended). You would think Carleton would have better Pizza options considering it is such a student staple.

Best bet for good Pizza is hiking upto the Glebe as suggested... or ordering delivery from Isabella Pizza or Bronson Pizza.

2015 Nov 30
Hog's Back restaurant also has good pizza and is closeish to Carleton.