Fresh Stuffed Pasta - where to buy? [Food/Vendor]

2015 Oct 15
I am looking for a place that sells good quality fresh stuffed pasta. My main concern is the thickness of the pasta. I find that most places roll their pasta too thickly resulting in a high pasta to stuffing ratio. While I prefer a fresh pasta, I'm open to suggestions for frozen. Thank you.

2015 Oct 15
Lucianos on Preston

Parma Ravioli on Wellington

Nicastros on Wellington (or the Byward Market)

Fettucini's www.fettuccines.com

2015 Oct 16
I definitely agree that Luciano's and Parma Ravioli have some great options for fresh stuffed pasta!

2015 Oct 18
Whole Foods has some organic spinach cheese ravioli that is frozen-I thought the thickness was ok and not too much.
I have not seen any other all organic pasta for sale here and the price seemed ok around $8 for a 700g bag.
I would buy it again.

2015 Oct 19
I regularly buy the Nicastros brand stuffed pastas and find they hold up well when cooked. I am actually a huge fan of all their store brand products - they are just as good if not better than the name brand products IMHO and good value.

My second choice is the Olivieri stuffed pastas which are available at most grocery stores. They hold up well when cooked and I like stocking up on a bag or three when they go on sale.

2015 Oct 19
I just checked out the link from Terry for Fettucine's--boy if it wasn't so far for me I would check it out (I am in West Carleton and they are in Gloucester). So many options and you can order ahead.

2015 Oct 20
W.C. I think you can get some of Fettucine's dishes in various stores around Ottawa. I know Boushey's on Elgin carries some of their pre-made pasta dishes. I went into their store on Elgin just before they moved to the east end and the person that served me mentioned that some of their products will be available at various stores around Ottawa but unfortunately the information isn't posted on their website. Maybe you could try calling or emailing them?

2015 Oct 20
Pietro's Corner in Westboro makes fresh pasta in house.
Costco often has some interesting stuffed pasta in their refrigerated section...fig & prosciutto, crab and lobster filling are some that I've purchased recently. They currently have fresh gnocchi from Italy that is really good and doesn't end up mushy like other store bought kinds I've tried.

2015 Oct 20
Good suggestion Pasta lover. I will get in touch with them and will let folks know locations available.

2015 Oct 22
PC brand has some "fresh" pasta that is made in Italy-there is a pumpkin something kind that is good. I'm sure they get it frozen and then defrost it at the store.

Whole Foods has some interesting kinds of fresh pasta,but I have not tried any of them- they seem kind of expensive.
I was there earlier this week and saw they have some frozen dishes by Les Fougeres and some other local producers.

Not stuffed pasta, but Miso restaurant at Bank and Slater makes their own Udon noodles- you can see the large mixer/pasta machine behind their counter.
I was also talking to the lady that makes the noodles a bunch of times this year-she is quite friendly...

2015 Oct 26
I went to Fettucini's a couple of weeks ago and had lunch there. The lasagna was very good and a very generous serving. My husband had a spaghetti with tomato sauce that he said was okay but wouldn't get again. He did however happily finish my pasta. I bought some squash stuffed ravioli that we had for dinner last night. I served it with a browned butter sage sauce. There was nothing wrong with this ravioli and people who like squash in their ravioli would likely think it was great. The pasta had been rolled thinly and was nicely stuffed. We, however, found it too sweet but I think that is a matter of taste. When we were there there wasn't a lot to choose from so if you go looking for something in particular, I suggest you call first. I plan on visiting a few other places that have been mentioned and will add my comments on them here.

2015 Oct 27
I keep meaning to try the pastas at Parma Ravioli. I go there for lunch infrequently and you can see the pasta machinery, if not watch it being used. This is a pasta factory and they keep pumping it out, so they have to be doing something right.

They have many styles and many stuffings.

My lunch there is always the italian bread pizza. It's thick and chewy and just good. Maybe I'll go for lunch today and pick up some pasta for laters.

2015 Oct 27
Rizak I haven't tried the stuffed pasta at Parma Ravioli yet but I have had their long pastas (spaghetti, angel hair, etc.) and so far everything I have ordered has been perfect. The noodles hold up well when cooked and just the right chewiness to them. Their noodles seem to fly off the shelves when I am there so they must be doing something right;)

2015 Oct 27
Parma Ravioli is the complete and whole answer to the question.

2015 Oct 27
I went to Fettucini's a couple of weeks ago and had lunch there. The lasagna was very good and a very generous serving. My husband had a spaghetti with tomato sauce that he said was okay but wouldn't get again. He did however happily finish my pasta. I bought some squash stuffed ravioli that we had for dinner last night. I served it with a browned butter sage sauce. There was nothing wrong with this ravioli and people who like squash in their ravioli would likely think it was great. The pasta had been rolled thinly and was nicely stuffed. We, however, found it too sweet but I think that is a matter of taste. When we were there there wasn't a lot to choose from so if you go looking for something in particular, I suggest you call first. I plan on visiting a few other places that have been mentioned and will add my comments on them here.

2015 Oct 27
I went to Fettucini's today and bought some pepper spaghetti. It was very very good. I was speaking to the gentleman there and he said they are still setting up shop there and if you want something specific just phone a day ahead and he will make it. I definitely will be back to try some of their stuffed pasta.

2015 Nov 16
uhmm Fettucini is near my doctor's office so should try to check them out next week when I have to go there. If you are in the neighbourhood during the weekend (Thur-Sat/Sun), there are a couple of micro breweries around there too.

2015 Nov 16
Having recently moved nearby, I've had Luciano's twice in the last few months and it was alright (don't remember exactly what I ordered..), but I still favour Parma. Tip for ordering at Luciano's: ask how many grams they recommend buying for however many people you're feeding, and then order half that much.

Actually, just popped into Parma on Saturday for some jumbo smoked mozzarella ravioli and classic cheddar tortellini, it was fantastic and like $4-5 to get two adults very full. Also got a loaf of their monstrous garlic bread that is straight up soaked through in butter.. like you get a butter mustache from biting into it. Yes, it was as great as it sounds, but will probably stick to making it at home for the sake of our health..

2015 Nov 19
And get croutons at Parma - great in soup and also in Caesar salad. Just the right amount of crunch!

2015 Nov 21
What was so good about the croutons?
I just make my own from Whole Foods Seduction bread and they are great. The bread has a lot of seeds and grains and is a dark bread.

Nicastro's on Bank st in the Glebe also sells fresh pasta, it is made at one of their other stores I was told.

2015 Nov 24
Olivieri pasta has gone thru a reformulation, supposedly has a thinner pasta and greater filling ratio. Would be interested to hear opinions if anyone's tried it.

2016 Jan 5
When I went in mid Dec the guy at Fettuccine said they will be expanding the store and selection in the new year but no exact dates