Beware of Colonnade Pizza Barrhaven [Food/Vendor]

2015 Sep 15
I had a very recent negative experience with Colonnade Pizza Barrhaven that all should be aware of.

I had ordered several pizza for a birthday party and picked them up. A couple days after the party I checked my Visa online only to see that someone had added 15% to the total (which I had not put myself and signed for obviously).

I called the manager and told him about the discrepancy and he proceeded to tell me he found my signed receipt and had the correct amount. He then tried to tell me that this is something Visa does, add 15% to a bill prior to the amount being posted and that in a couple days it would be correct. I disagreed with that fact, but played along.

I called Visa right away to confirm my understanding and they indicated that they would never add anything to a receipt and then the person on the phone proceeded to tell that the amount that was on my account had just been changed to reflect the correct amount.

So, first off, they are trying to steal from people. I am certain I am not the first person this was done to. Second, the manager blatantly lied about it to my face to cover it up (maybe to cover up his own doing if I were to guess).

I just want people to be aware so that they don't get screwed like they tried to do to me. I'm not certain which way to go with this, but in my opinion, I think the police should maybe be notified.

Thoughts??

2015 Sep 15
Call police? I suspect they would not be too interested, but call them and find out. They might direct you to file an online complaint to the fraud site. (I've had to do that in a different matter)
Call the Better Business Bureau too, and check out the resto online at BBB and see if they have other complaints.

2015 Sep 18
Revenue Canada for them trying to hide income?
Maybe they would look into the finances of the place??