Has anyone been to Bazille yet? [Food/Vendor]

2015 Sep 14
After spending the summer months frequenting the food trucks, and in anticipation of the cooler weather, I am now lining up some restaurants I would like to try this fall and winter. One of the restos near the top of my bucket list is Bazille - the upscale restaurant in Nordstrom. Has anyone been yet? I am just wondering how fast the service is... Sometimes I like tying in a meal before a movie and I only have an hour to spare so I am wondering if I should wait for an evening when I am not in such a hurry...

2015 Sep 14
I grabbed lunch there a few weeks back with my mom. Service was a little on the slow side, but not completely unreasonable. If you have a time crunch, I would not recommend it. I also would not recommend the pizza, it was pretty terrible. My mom's Asian chicken salad seemed decent enough. I don't think Bazille is bucket list worthy. It's a restaurant open to a department store, so expectations should be in line with that. I would put it on your lunchtime summer patio list, the outdoor area looked pretty nice.

2015 Sep 14
ToeKnee Thanks for the feedback. I took a look at the menu when I visited the store last March and although I was not impressed with the store the menu looked good particularly the steak frites. I was wondering if the food is really that good or if the resto is taking advantage of the fact that it is conveniently located in a big upscale department store with a nice patio. I may bump it down my list a notch and focus on somewhere else to go.

2015 Sep 16
I have been a few times and always enjoyed the food. The sandwiches are fantastic - especially the club and croque madam. They serve a black olive aoili with the fries that is fantastic. For the most part I have had fantastic service, although occasionally slow at lunch time. The outdoor patio is very nice to sit at. My mother in law says the sangria is fantastic.