Mobile website changes [Site]

2015 Sep 6
Hey folks! I'm messing around with increasing font sizes and other layout properties to try to make OttawaFoodies more mobile and touchscreen friendly.

Right now, it's much better than before on my phone but the fonts are a bit ridiculous on my iPad in landscape orientation. On the other hand, the large fonts work better with the touch interface...

Desktop browsing should not be affected. If you notice a problem, please let me know which browser (and version) you're using.

Let me know your feedback and opinions. Your understanding is appreciated! :-)

2015 Sep 7
I was wondering what was going on with the font sizes. I usually use the site from my iPad, and I must say the font is currently obnoxiously large, to the point where I'm tempted to switch to my phone instead.

Also, because of the font size and the formatting of forum posts, each poster's username is cutting off after about 3-4 characters.

2015 Sep 7
strawberrygirl, I also use an iPad much of the time and I have the same complaints as you. So rest assured I'll find some kind of tolerable solution! :)

2015 Sep 8
It looks good on an iPhone, but I agree that it's not so good on an iPad. Can you provide a link on the mobile interface to switch to the regular desktop interface? A lot of mobile sites do that and there's more than enough real estate on a tablet to use the regular interface.

2015 Sep 8
I thought the gremlins were taking advantage of your being away on a wild holiday weekend.
I found the site best viewed in landscape on the iPad til now, while portrait is better at the moment, but a bit larger than necessary and takes more scrolling, and not seeing names is only rarely helpful.

2015 Sep 8
Okay, should be better now! Let me know if you're still seeing massive text on a tablet and I'll see what I can do.

2015 Sep 8
If you're ever looking for help on the technical side of the site, I'm happy to contribute. In my day (and night) job I work with frameworks like Bootstrap that really help with managing the multi-platform views that everyone expects from websites nowadays.

2015 Sep 8
Looks great on my iPhone!

2015 Sep 8
Looks normal on my iPad now. Thanks!

2015 Sep 9
It's still clunky-looking on my iPhone 5, things are spaced out weirdly. Still works well though :)

2015 Sep 9
The clunkiness is expected at this point. My first priority was to make the important text, input fields, and buttons large enough to be seen and usable on a phone screen without constantly having to zoom in. Declunking will happen more slowly. Thanks for your understanding! :)

2015 Sep 9
Sweet. I was curious as the comments above mine made me think that the work might've been complete. Thanks for your work on your site!

2015 Sep 9
Bar at top still puny on my Galaxy S5, as is the forum index. All of that seems to be no change.

Only when I click on a forum thread does there seem to be a difference. Bigger and readable right off the bat without zooming.

Search input field at top still puny. What other fields are there? I guess this one I am typing into. Not sure there is any difference there.

Login field is nice and big now.