Best Vietnamese Food in Ottawa [Food/Vendor]

2015 Sep 3
As some of you may know, Jodi of www.legalnomads.com fame was recently in Ottawa for an extended visit. She just published an article summarizing her experiences with Vietnamese food here:

www.legalnomads.com

To get the ball rolling, I had sent her the following list of my own recommendations in June:

* Kanata Noodle House for Bún Bò Huế, Hủ Tiếu, Phở.
* Authentic Vietnamese Pho House for Bún Riêu thập cẩm, Phở.
* Huong's Vietnamese Bistro for Bún Riêu cua, Satay Soup.
* Ox Head for Bò Kho.
* @ 36 Pho for Bún chả Hà Nội, Bò Kho, Phở.

...and more recently, I would add Pho Bac for Bánh Cuốn and Spring Rolls.

Unfortunately, she didn't get out to Kanata Noodle House and @ 36 Pho was closed when she tried to go, but she was able to sample a fair bit of what Ottawa has to offer.

We are indeed fortunate to have so many wonderful choices for what some of us consider to be the world's best cuisine!

2015 Sep 3
Authentic Vietnamese Pho House is my go to. I'm a fan of their calamari and the sister soup, but I've never had a bad meal there.

Good list, Warby!

2015 Sep 3
We've tried and liked Huong's and Ox Head so will definitely try the others in your list. One of our favourite dishes, which isn't always on other Vietnamese menus, is Mì Quảng at Vietnam Palace. It features lots of turmeric in a very small amount of concentrated broth, as well as wide rice noodles, shrimp, pork, lettuce, peanuts and shrimp crackers. Really flavourful!

2015 Sep 4
Pho Mi Bo Ga at Bank and Hunt Club consistently impresses me.