Bars with party space? [Food/Vendor]

2015 Sep 2
Anyone have any recommendations for bars with a smallish private space? Looking to host a birthday party and would like to know of any restaurants that have spaces that they reserve for guests.

We'd like a separate room because we'll be playing games and switching tables for said games.

Needs to allow for guests to order their own food/drinks off the menu.

preferably let us use the space free of charge or low cost.

Anyone?

We know of a few places that will let us reserve a portion of the seats, but just wondering if there are many with private rooms?

I should have specified. Bars OR restaurants.

2015 Sep 2
How many people??

The Clocktower has private rooms on Bank & on Richmond, Gezellig has the upstairs, The wellington Gastropub has the 'White room' but it only holds about 14..

They may have a free charge but would probably insist on a minimum spent...

Hope that helps
Terry

2015 Sep 2
The Armada Lounge above the Brig Pub in the Byward Market. My wife booked this one for my 40th birthday. From what I remember, there was plenty of room for a large gathering. There were at least 40 to 50 people invited.

armadalounge.com/

2015 Sep 2
Terry is one classy guy on here... ;)

Hosted our rehearsal dinner before our wedding at Petit Bill's a few years back, and it was great. Not quite a closed off room, but a small wing of the restaurant, and it felt sufficiently private and closed off..

Not sure if giving a sense of about how many people would be attending would help people to give more specific recommendations..

2015 Sep 2
Thanks guys!

Not sure entirely how many, but probably in the realm of 15-30. :)

So far it seems like most places either hold 10-12 or 90. Neither one is ideal, but hopefully we will find somewhere for our silly grown up childlike birthday party ;)

2015 Sep 2
Social has a room in the back with a large table large enough for 12 + maybe 18. Would have to give them a call to find out exactly. I have also been to a 'private party' Armada both were a few years ago remember having a great time in our own private space and yes we had seperate bills at least at Social. Have fun contemplating your options!

2015 Sep 2
Thanks so much everyone!

Looks like we might have gotten lucky with the backroom at Clocktower Richmond(which I've used for many a meeting before and had totally forgotten about) Just waiting for confirmation! But taking notes of all other options in the meantime :)

2015 Sep 2
Social also has the following space other than their private room.

The Upper Lounge Dining Room. This is a loft area that has an open feeling while providing much privacy. The dining room can seat 24 guests at 3 tables of 8. The room has beautiful stone walls & red velvet accents. Windows look out to the Courtyard

2015 Sep 3
Sushi Kan has a bunch of private Kareoke? rooms with some kind of drinks special.
I think they are reserved for a block of hours, not too sure.

Mercury Lounge has hosted a lot of parties and they do have a food menu.