garlic festivals August 8-9 [General]

2015 Aug 7
I have never gone to a garlic festival and noticed that there are two this weekend, one in Perth and one in Carp. Any suggestions on which one would be the better one to go to? Also, are they dog friendly, or should I leave the pooch at home?

Thanks!!

2015 Aug 7
I have been to both and prefer the one in Carp. For one thing, Perth charges an admission fee, Carp does not. For another, there is nothing you would see at the one in Perth that Carp doesn't have. Carp is very dog friendly, but they must be on a leash. I forget if I saw dogs at the one in Perth. Finally, if you live in Ottawa, Carp is a lot closer, but then you knew that already.

2015 Aug 7
We've been to both and have now only been going to Carp for the last 4 years. Carp has no admission fee and their farmers market is going on at the same time. It's really well laid out out and lots of people bring their dogs. Many more options for food to eat onsite as well.

Can't wait to go Carp tomorrow!

2015 Aug 9
Thanks Felinefan and Aldente!! Ended up going to the Carp garlic festival and farmers market. Was very impressed. We bought a lot of fresh veggies and some garlic pesto, and Music garlic. Also tried some Tibetian dumplings which were very good. Definitely will go again :-)

2015 Aug 9
We went to Carp yesterday and had a great time. We bought a pint of Musak and a pint of Russian Red, they were $20 per pint which have about 14 heads, nice size and smell great. Last year we paid $15. We tried some of the garlic pesto and kicked ourselves afterwards for not buying a jar. I'm going to try and make some in the coming weeks.

We were tempted to grab something to eat at one of the food vendors but our yearly tradition is to have lunch at Vera's Burger Shack after the garlic festival. Vera's ROCK'S, worth every penny!

Glad to enjoyed it Lucky13! The dumplings looked really good😀