Rest in Peace Fresh Foodie [General]

2015 Aug 1
:-(

2015 Aug 1
Ha! That's how rumours get started. It's just a name change, and I could change it back.

Thanks everyone, for nine great years of OttawaFoodies! The "Fresh" part of my screen name didn't seem quite so apropos anymore. It seemed strange to be @warby pretty much everywhere other than here. :-)

2015 Aug 1
Well, with all the takeout places you've been reviewing lately, you could have been FAT_foodie ...

2015 Aug 1
Rizak, working too much while being a bachelor gave me an excuse to get through some of the places I wanted to try.

Seriously, if I can have my biggest meal of the day for under $10, there seems little point in doing groceries. The grocery economies of scale for a family don't apply to one person. With the little bit of cooking I did this month, my proudest achievement was making canh chua cá from scratch! iconosquare.com (see photo)

I try to avoid snacking and extraneous calories when I'm eating mostly restaurant meals, so I didn't gain weight. And my family returns from vacation tomorrow meaning I'll be back to eating mostly home-cooked food. :)