Bluesfest 2015 [General]

2015 Jul 15
Does anyone know what the on-site food options at Bluesfest are like this year? I can't seem to find a list of vendors on the website.

2015 Jul 15
The vendor list is in the iPhone app (don't know about Android) but strangely not on the website. It even lists menu items and prices, although some vendors have tweaked their menus since first opening, but it'll give you an idea.

Let me know if you have any specific questions on menu items and I'll see how my memory holds up. My opinions in brackets.

Main area by Claridge stage:
Bonitas cantina (overpriced tacos)
Caseys bar & grill
Culinary meltdown
Digbys (fish & chips are best value meal onsite)
East India Company
Fadis (3 stands)
Green Papaya
Le Smoking BBQ (best pulled pork)
Reids bakeshop
Smoque Shack

Main area by the opening towards the museum:
Sundays hot dogs
Sula Wok (asian tacos - very tasty)

River stage:
Gabriels pizza
Backyard BBQ (better BBQ fare in the main area)

I eat there because I go for the opening acts and don't have time to get something beforehand, but as always there are much better options outside the grounds (e.g. in chinatown) if you are organized or coming later.

Ratty

2015 Jul 15
Thanks, that's really helpful. It's weird that they don't include that on the website.

2015 Jul 16
It isn't weird at all. I call it typical.
[rant]
Everywhere I go on the internet, I either have to look in 5 places to get the information I need or it is just not there. Social media and the plethora of information outlets means a lot of attention needs to be applied to each, instead of one. Most of the time, only some of what they mean to convey is put in some of the places. Hours of operation might not be on the same site as their contact information (which is sometimes left out completely). If you have a website, put your basic information there right on the front page. Don't make a splashy web front and then point to Friendface. Grrr.
[/rant]

2015 Jul 16
I agree with Ratty. The Digby's fish and chips were good value and quite tasty. Nice and crisp batter on real fish, as opposed to a fish stick. Here's my mini-rant: I do wish they could super-size the wine :-) My beer drinking friends enjoy a long, tall can while my wine buddies and I finish our thimble-sized beverages in pretty short order.

2015 Jul 19
We had the smoque shack Beef Brisket Plate that came with kettle chips and Mac and cheese. Great value at bluesfest for sure. 9$ Brisket was delicious and the Mac did the trick Although it definantly was not upto par with the in resto version.