coconut milk - small cans [General]

2015 Jul 9
Before I drive all over town, does anyone know where I can get small cans of coconut milk? Whenever we open a can, it's too much for what we're cooking. We put the rest in the fridge and never use it before it goes bad.

My first thoughts are T&T or La Tiendita or any of a dozen Asian markets on Somerset. Maybe Grace on Bank.

2015 Jul 9
I'm FAIRLY certain Rainbow foods has them. They have small cans of coconut something, but it may be coconut cream. I only see it briefly when I'm getting my tetrapacks of alt-milks.

2015 Jul 9
Cedars on bank has the small Thai brand cans, I recall them being .99¢

2015 Jul 9
I could swear I've bought the little cans at Kowloon Market.

2015 Jul 10
Metro

2015 Jul 11
I try to keep a box / jar of Coconut Milk Powder in the pantry just for this reason.

There are several brands currently using Maggi but have used Grace Foods and liked both.

It's easy to mix up what ever amount you need.
If you want it more creamy mix it with cream instead of water.
I've actually mixed it with yogurt with good results.

2015 Jul 18
I found some at Loblaw's, in one of the three different places that they keep the coconut milk. But ONLY in 1 of the 3.

2015 Jul 18
Rizak, which Loblaws and where did you find it? I was at Loblaws at Merivale and Baseline today looking for it and couldn't find it.

2015 Jul 18
There's also Green Fresh Supermarket in Vanier which sells different brands of coconut milk in cans.

I usually freeze my leftover coconut milk and use it next time for a recipe.

2015 Jul 19
@felinefan: I was at the College Square location. It's in with the Thai food. No, on the other side. They have it on both sides of that one aisle, but only have the small cans on one side.

2015 Jul 19
Was about to ask if you can freeze it.

I bought some freeze dried coconut water powder, but that is not what you were looking for.
That was from nuts.com

2015 Jul 19
@Rizak

Funny, I also did this exact same thing at this same Loblaws yesterday. It was with Patak curry paste which is not with the other "Indian" foods in that aisle, but near the soy sauce and Thai food further down the aisle.

Staying on topic, I also freeze mine. I freeze it flat in a bag and then break it up into small frozen powder. Much easier to measure out than large hunks.

2015 Jul 19
If you mixed the coconut water powder with some yogurt, I bet it would be about the same.