Ribfest Reviews [General]

2015 Jun 19
Hi all,

I thought it would be cool to share our experiences from Ribfest here. I went in the rain last night and it was great! No lineups :). But unfortunately the cute PETA girls weren't there.

Texas outlaws:

Sauce: 9/10- This sauce was amazing. Only problem was it was a bit too sweet, but that's more personal preference than anything

Ribs: 8/10- More the fall off the bone variety, would have liked a more wood smoke flavour with bark. Regardless they were still well about average

Beans: 4/10- These were very, very sweet. Was not a fan at all

Slaw: 8/10- I prefer a rougher chop, but it was pretty good.

2015 Jun 19
Just had a pulled pork dinner from Bone Daddy's.

Sauce: 8/10 Not too sweet, not too spicy, but tangy and very good overall, sort of a hickory taste, but not a strong smoke profile.

Pulled Pork: 6/10 Flavoured by the sauce which was in abundance, so good, and a nice portion, but score reflects oilyness, some large fatty pieces, minimal bark, and that the temperature was cooler than I would have liked.

Beans: 9/10 Spicy not sweet. Very nice.

Slaw: 8/10 Medium chop, quite creamy but still had good acidity.

2015 Jun 21
Went Friday after lunch..

Blazing BBQ

Beef ribs 7/10 - really depend on which rack you get. Some are pretty small and meager and some are decent and meaty.

I like they Beef ribs and I wish they would do a 1/2 rack beef and 1/2 rack pork combo lol They only do 1/3 or 2/3 racks for pork ribs.

Riblets - 5/10 tried their riblets again but they were overcooked and none had the nice white crunchy bones that I liked. Last time it was 9/10 so I wondered if they were leftovers from Thurs night due to the rain.

Camp 31

Sauce - 9/10 I really like their raging Cajun and if you ask nicely at the tasting table, they would allow you to hit your meat with it. Really should have gotten some ribs but this was my 2nd stop so did not since a tad overloaded with meat.

pull pork 7/10 - Since I did a take out, was a little concerned to see the amount of fat and grease on the bottom of the soup type container. They used to use the regular take out container and it is not so obvious. Meat was a little tougher and drier than I liked. Might be better if you hit it with some extra sauce.

smoked sausage 4/10 - for $6 by itself or $7 in a bun, there are much better choices at ribfest. They buy the sausage and double smoke it supposedly but it was still pretty fatty and nothing special.