Mountain Path? [Food/Vendor]

2015 Jun 3
Has anyone using Mountain Path been aware of any changes or told about changes at the company? It looks like the owner is or has retired, and has sold his flour mill to Tom Manley of Homestead Organics (and formerly a politician) and has sold his distribution lists for everything else to Signature Fine Foods in Ottawa (Signature will also exclusively distribute Mountain Path flours for Homestead which is maintaining the name). Good news for Homestead and Manley I imagine. I'm not familiar with Signature at all; is anyone?
Further info:
www.standard-freeholder.com

2015 Jun 3
Yes, I've been aware. The changes started at least a year or more ago. It's been a real pain in my opinion. We've purchased from MP for at least a decade now, used to sell some of their products back when we were at the farmers market, and we also run a buying club with their products.

Once MP was sold, and moved some of their workings to Ottawa, I think things really went down hill. Far too often when we order, things wouldn't arrive, and are on back order for ages. Products we love have been removed from their offerings, new products we're not fans of have taken their place.

Last summer, Bob the miller wanted us to buy and run the mill which my husband thought was awesome, but I said the only time we have to run a flour mill would be in our spare time between midnight and 3am. ;-)

I'm glad Tom bought it, only makes sense for them to be milling flour in addition to feed. They've had a little store at their Berwick location that used to sell Mountain Path products and other organic foods, so I guess they will keep it when the move down to Cornwall.