Restaurants that can accommodate a mini crowd? [General]

2015 Jun 2
Some friends are in town for soccer and want to go out for dinner this Saturday. A group of 7. Before I knew the # I'd been thinking thinking El Camino would go over really well and some in the group had been to Union a couple years ago and loved it. Any ideas? Seven is such an unwieldy number!

2015 Jun 10
Camino is awesome but getting a table for 7 unless you're waiting at the door at opening may be a concern.

Suggestions: Sidedoor (tacos, pitchers!), Das Lokal (cocktails!), Hooch (hooch!), Brothers Beer - (beerfood!!!!)... all Market, all take reservations so your # shouldn't be a problem.

Outside the Market... the Elmsdale Oyster House on Wellington West is a fun space, great food.

2015 Jun 10
El Camino is a great spot, but it's always packed...always! Constant line up outside that place. I gotta agree with OSoloMeal, the Market has some good options for you. There are plenty of bars/pubs that can accommodate larger groups. Heart and Crown is always fun.

If you don't mind spending a little extra, try Real Sports and reserve the table with the built in beer tap. Or just their round tables for large groups - those work great for odd numbers.

You can also try Elgin St., it's lined with great places. Sir John A and Lieutenant's Pump are both pretty awesome!

2015 Jun 12
Clocktower on Bank could accomodate bigger groups sometimes, depending on whether it's a busy evening. Lieutenant's pump on Elgin is pretty spacious, so you should find a table as long as you aren't there on a busy Friday evening (or brunch). Not a big fan of that place overall (I just find it snooty, personally)...however the food is pretty good. I have been extremely disappointed in Sir John A Pub the last few times I went. Food was nearing on awful, it's really changed a lot over the last couple years which is too bad. It's a nice place though atmosphere-wise, and fairly big for groups so great if you're just looking for a pint and munchies. You can also try the Waverly, new on Elgin. I was there for dinner the other night and it was awesome! Lots of big booths etc inside so if you reserve, you probably won't be disappointed. Union 613 is also one of my faves too, though it's often quite busy and cramped.