Burger Binge [General]

2015 May 10
I have been of a bit of a burger run recently and here are a few notables:

D&S BBQ: their signature burger is delicious! Smokey with a great BBQ sauce and the killer here is the egg bun. I want to know where to get these buns.

Heirloom Cafe: their lamb burger is really well done. Served on a ciabatta bun, it is topped with goat cheese and a house chutney. The killer here is the lamb. A real standout.

The King Eddy: another great burger here. The cheese and beef work together magnificently. Really good. I often remove the pickles from my burger but their bread and butter pickles speak to burgers past. Good fries too! A 4 napkin burger because of the King Eddy sauce and soft white bun.

Local Pub and Eatery: been here a couple of times and had the signature burger both times. The sesame brioche bun handles the tasty patty quite well. The Local burger has pickled peppers and hot sauce amongst other toppings and the acidity can be a bit overwhelming. All in all a great burger but maybe pull off some peppers. The thin cut fries are well salted and addictive.

2015 May 11
I just visited the King Eddy. Classic diner burger with good fries, and authentic 'Kraft
plastic' cheese. Very nice hangover remedy.

2015 May 12
World Burger on Meadowlands @ Merivale.
The one burger to rule them all.

2015 May 12
Patty's Pub & Quinn's (brother pubs) have the best burgs around if you ask me.
Also notable is Chez Lucien... they have tables ;)

2015 May 12
Thanks for the mini-reviews.. looks like I've got some more burger-eating to do..

I've loved both World Burger and Vera's recently. Vera's is awesome value, reminds me of how I felt about Hintonburger back when it was in the shack.

My go to at World Burger is the Venice-- cheese curds on a burger work so so well.

2015 May 13
I also have to go with World of Burger. So darn good.

Tried King Eddy last week and it is a very good burger...The burger at Absinthe and Art-is-in are also amazing.

2015 May 13
At World i either have the Venice or a classic bacon cheeseburger. Win-win. Win-win-win-win-win.

Vera's is pretty awesome just not on my usual flight patterns. Am curious to see how the reno's affect it and the steak side affects the prices.

And now i seriously crave burger... Anyone know whether Baja Burger Shack is open yet?

2015 May 13
It is open, but best to call ahead or check their Facebook cuz they close if the weather is bad.

2015 May 14
I gotta try World Burger

Share is doing bavette sliders with home made BBQ chips. Both very good! The slider is great with the added bonus of fried chicken skin. Brings it right up there! Beware! The chips are paprikaey, stainy deliciousness.

2015 May 15
totally forgot about the burger at Hooch Bourbon house. It is hands down the best gourmet burger in Ottawa.

Ingredients:

THE GREASY BASTARD
Andouille sausage/ pimento 5 year cheddar/ jowl bacon/ aioli/ avocado mousse/ sweet potato and pepper brioche

2015 May 22
I was at Petit Bills recently and had their simple, but high quality burger and really enjoyed it. O'Brien's beef, a gorgonzola sauce and a very good quality bun made for an enjoyable lunch. It really brought attention to the beef quality and the level of doneness, which was perfect. I would have enjoyed some onion on it, but I didn't ask for it. Next time!

Terry was there and swung over briefly...He doesn't look how I envisioned him (perhaps the avatar haha), but he was certainly as friendly and professional as I would have expected from his comments/feedback on here. Quality establishment and a cozy feel with an owner that takes pride. Oh and some good grub!

2015 May 23
World burger gets my vote for best in Ottawa. Their signature world burger two patties, world sauce and onion ring are fantastic. I add pickles for a bit of tangy to this juicy burger. The bacon here is so delicious. Service is always friendly. And the rings rival any place in Ottawa.

2015 May 30
I finally managed to stop by World Burger. I had the cheeseburger and I thought it was a very good. I ordered pickle with it thinking it might be bread and butter pickle but it was dill. I am not sure if that was the main reason I found the burger salty so I would have to go back and try again. Also, I don't like when the cheese is not melted on the burger. Again, I would have to go back and compare. Great onion rings!

2015 May 30
No, no need to check. This is a very salty burger. I can confirm your suspicion.

2015 May 31
When we place your order, just tell them you would like the cheese on your burger melted. We always do this and generally, they do this for us.

2015 Jun 2
Salt does a burger that is ground to order from one of their steaks, meaning they will cook it as rare as you like, and I like a rare Burger.

2015 Jun 2
I just had the 'grilled' cheeseburger at Mellos, WOW! Great skinny fries and 5$ pints Tues/Wed. I'll be back!