Wine tasting evening this Thursday. [Events]

2007 Nov 12
Just wanted to maybe drum up a few more people for our wine tasting group. The idea is everyone brings a bottle of wine and we taste each them 'blind' & try to guess the grape varietal, region etc. It is a fun way to learn about wines, try new wines & meet some new wine enthusiasts.
We are meeting again this Thursday evening at 7:00pm. If you are interested or would like more details email sjlb68@hotmail.com

2007 Nov 14
Although I'm not going to be able to attend this one, I think this is a good time to remind everybody that European Thanksgiving is on that day. That's right, sports fans, it's Beaujolais Nouveau time again!

What better way to celebrate the harvest than with a fruity, nine-dollar, six-weeks-aged bottle of wine.

2007 Nov 14
Since when is there a European Thanksgiving?

2007 Nov 14
Oh, I'm just *calling* it European Thanksgiving. But you've got to admit that the release of Beaujolais Nouveau on the third Tuesday of November is pretty darn close to a thanksgiving, no?

2007 Nov 17
hi MMaF, I enjoyed your last post-tasting write-up, and am wondering if u can give us a quick run-down on what you ended up tasting, what the favs were, whether there were any that polarized the group, etc.?

2007 Nov 17
itchy feet, check out the 'new wine tasting group' thread for the details about the wines.

2007 Nov 19
thanks MMAF! The Perez Cruz sounds like a great buy.