First Ottawa Dining Experience [General]

2007 Nov 10
My god it was awful! Only joking, had a night in the Bayward Market and ended up in The Empire Grill, had the peppered tuna dish with bok choy, seaseme dressing and it was fantastic! Although Im thinking for 30 dollars it needed a neat pile of noodles or something, just to spread the flavour. Well thanks for listening, I think the Bayward area is fantastic and Ottawa has a lot going for it, cant wait to live and work here.

2007 Nov 10
Welcome to Ottawa Harvey! The restaurant scene here can use your enthusiasm. Best of luck.

P.S. Byward market. :)

2007 Nov 11
Hi, Sorry to hear about your awful dinner. I absolutely hate spending money on a terrible dinner, that is why I ALWAYS obsessively research before any night out now.. I usually start off here at ottawafoodies and if there are no reviews or just to double check, I head over to restaurantthing.com I want to go to a restaurant atleast an 8 or 9.... and if I had the time I'd love to call the city and find out the health check on a certain restaurant, but I never go that far. Wish we had the health ratings right on the door like some cities. I just checked over at restaurant thing and the Empire grill is rated 6.0 with 6 reviews.

2007 Nov 12
Hey LUVGoodFOOD! Apparently you don't obsessivly read the posts as much as you research before a night out. Harvey goes on to say that he actaully had a great time. (just a little fun ribbing LUVGoodFOOD ;-))