Sharp Magazine Best Butchers in Canada [General]

2014 Dec 14
I'm not sure if this is permitted by the rules (a little self-promotion) but we got awarded one of the top butcher shops in Canada in Sharp Magazine recently (sharpmagazine.com) and we're rather pleased.

There was no indication of the criteria used to select anyone but we can hope it was because we only buy local well raised meats and dry age all our beef.

Montreal had one shop mentioned, Boucherie Lawrence, as did Toronto, The Healthy Butcher. I've been to both and they're both quite good. If you visit either City, drop in and check them out.

2014 Dec 14
Congrats guys!

Manotick Village Butcher

2014 Dec 14
I had seen the article in Sharp and when I was in Toronto a couple of weeks ago just happened to be walking by the Healthy Butcher on Eglington. I stopped in and it seemed a bit pricey to me. I'm sure the quality was above reproach, but your meats seemed to be on par with theirs and much better prices.

2014 Dec 15
Huh, Healthy Butcher but nothing for Cumbrae's? I haven't lived in Toronto for a few years but I thought that was odd, but who knows how things have changed over time.

But, yes, congrats to Manotick Village Butcher! :)