Wet salt grinder? [Cooking]

2007 Nov 9
Does anyone know of any worthwhile wet/grey sea salt grinders around?

So far, I've found the Peugeot Vendome and the Kyocera Ceramic Grinder.

There's not too many reviews around about these 2 items.

Does anyone here use a grinder for coarse wet/grey sea salts with any success? Any product recommendations for this? I would, of course, prefer to shop locally if possible.

I just bought a kilo of some great salt from Costco and I've been told that typical salt grinders will get clogged and caked up.

2007 Nov 9
I've never ground that in particular but we have 2 different pestle and mortars that we use for absolutely everything. one is cast iron and the other marble or some other type of stone - soapstone? I dunno stone. The cast iron one is the most versatile IMO

2007 Nov 10
Hmm, I never thought of grinding salt that way. I bought a stone pestle and mortar from Home Sense a few months ago. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the idea :)

2007 Nov 10
We have 125ml mason jars (the squat ones, not the tall skinny ones) and use the p.a.m. to crush peppercorns or whatever else, then store them in the mason jars. I find it stays "freshly ground" for a week or two so don't grind any more than what I'll use in that time. I do grind course salt in there - never heard of 'wet salt'