Pizza [General]

2014 Sep 25
I have been on a pizza kick lately and I have been trying a few places out. Some for the first time, some after a long time. I had Colonnade the other day after a long hiatus and remembered why I stopped going; I don't like the cheese. It seems to be a cheddar /mozz mix and I find the cheddar too strong for my pizza tastes. The toppings on the combination are great but the cheddar throws me off. For the first time I went to Naples in Hull and I'm glad that I did. Busy little place does a great combination reminiscent of my Montreal no salad days. Make reservations or call ahead for take out. It can take a while. Tennessy Willems still rocks my Ottawa pizza world.

2014 Sep 29
I waver between Tennessy and Zazaza (Glebe) for my absolute favorite. Za tends to win just because it's easier to get a seat.

Also remain a fan of The Grand, for solid pizza and being the only place in town i can get a tonno pizza done right.

2014 Sep 29
I really love Tennessy for pizza but I also leave with a loaf of their sourdough bread for $5. The salads are excellent and the one dessert i tried (usually too full!) was divine. The service is always great. Last time I had the margherita-so simple but done so well. I will keep returning!

2014 Sep 29
I've only ever been to the Beechwood ZaZaZa. Is the crust the same at the other locations? I imagine it would be. I don't get the love for their pizza. I don't like the crust at all!

2014 Oct 6
I like the Grand, wood fired za, and, at lunch, a pie and a beer 15$.
Also, nice people in my experience.