Free Tomatillos [General]

2014 Sep 22
Does anyone want some tomatillos?

I thought I was growing ground cherries but ended up with tomatillos in which I had been giving away throughout the summer but not fast enough. Fall is coming and I'm cleaning my vegetable garden for the winter, and I hate to see them goes to compost.

2014 Sep 22
Any chance you work or come downtown? I don't drive but I would gladly take some off your hands!

2014 Sep 23
There have been a couple of threads recently about needing to give away food before it goes to waste. Check out Hidden Harvest, they may be able to send in a few volunteers to pick what you have (and give a share to the food bank at the same time.)

ottawa.hiddenharvest.ca

If you do come downtown with them, I would gladly take some as well :)

2014 Sep 23
Where are you located?

2014 Sep 23
I hope you've found a use for some of those tomatillo Mad_Scientist. Any fave recipes?
I made and froze some grilled tomatillo salsa (added some grilled poblanos as well) yesterday with the last of mine (hoping to get more from my plants but that is dicey and weather dependent now). It wasn't the best year for growing them out here.
I hope you find a home for your excess; I don't like to waste them either.

2014 Sep 23
I'd love to take some off your hands if you've got any left! I can come pick them up. :)

2014 Sep 24
How much is available? I'm interested.

2014 Sep 24
Gladly take some off your hands too!

2014 Sep 24
I have one person who is interested but If I don't hear anything back, I'll keep you guys posted!

Thanks!