thermapens on sale? [Cooking]

2014 Sep 3
Just wondering if anyone has shopped around recently and found them much less than their usual approx $100.

2014 Sep 4
I got mine on sale for $74 back in June($88 with shipping) from thermoworks.com . Doesn't seem to be on sale right now though.

I love mine, and think it's worth the extra cost.

2014 Sep 4
Ebay has some good prices for limited edition Thermapen.

www.ebay.ca

2014 Sep 11
I ended up getting one from CA Paradis. For a place in the Glebe they were surprisingly friendly :0

Plus my ugly old truck didnt get dented by the couple of BMWs in the lot....whew.

They had stainless steam table pans on for 50% off so I picked one up as a bacon making tray in the fridge. Have been using large plastic bags but they always leak.

So far I really like the Thermapen. Used it in cheese making so far and may try it on the BBQ this weekend to test doneness, or rawness in my case. It is larger than I thought it would be which is not a problem. I wish it has some form of on switch though. It times out and shuts off which is fine, but you have to close the probe in and open it again for it to turn on.

2014 Sep 12
If you're gonna take a cheapshot at the Glebe you might want to make sure that's where you were. CA Paradis is at the southern end of Old Ottawa South.