Tomato Press [Cooking]

2014 Sep 1
I was gifted a tomato press from Lee Valley - www.leevalley.com,2120,33279&ap=1 and used it for the first 2 times this week. I made a batch of tomato sauce and a batch of simple pasta sauce. It is very easy to use and works well at separating the seeds and skin from the pulp. What I really liked is the texture of the pulp, ideal in my mind. No longer will I skin, purée, press through a sieve, etc., all in an effort to improve the texture of my sauces.
Two thumbs up! Yay!

2014 Sep 2
I bought one of those a few years ago and promptly returned it after one use since I found it significantly quicker to do it all by hand as I've always done. Mine also had trouble with the suction cup foot staying put.

2014 Sep 2
Obviously it's not for you zym.

I don't know if it's quicker or slower but it didn't take me long to fill a Dutch oven up with the pulp. And of course I really liked the texture, which is why I really liked this simple machine. As for suction problems one must keep 2 things in mind: dampen the foot if necessary (BUT too much water will cause it to slide), and place on a nonporous surface such as a glass or metal stovetop for best attachment.