Shishito/Padrón peppers - where? [General]

2014 Aug 26
Shishido peppers...

Had these for the first time at The Girl and Goat in Chicago. They were excellent.

Bought some at the Brewer Farmer's Market last week. Lightly grilled them, they were even better.

Now i can't find them.... so help me out here Foodies... has anyone seen these in/around Ott/Gat recently?

2014 Aug 26
I have seen them at Loblaws at Baseline and Merivale.

2014 Aug 26
Shishito peppers are apparently similar to Padrón peppers (en.wikipedia.org). I was in Galicia this summer and stupidly didn't ever try the famous Spanish peppers. Good to know the Merivale Loblaws sometimes has them!

Here's a nice write-up Shawna Wagman did a couple of years ago:
www.ottawamagazine.com

2014 Aug 27
i'm pretty sure i saw some at herb and spice on wellington last week

2014 Aug 27
I thought I saw a vendor at the Ottawa Farmers Market (Brewer park) that had Shishito peppers .. I can't be certain.. may be worth checking out..

2014 Aug 27
I'm pretty sure Jeff from Roots Down Farm has had them in previous years at the Brewer Park market.

2014 Aug 27
Saw Padron peppers at Herb and Spice on Wellington today and also shishito peppers at Loblaws. The ones at Loblaws were $3.99 per package. Forget what H & S were charging.

2014 Aug 27
I saw packages of Padron peppers at Loblaws (Rideau) this evening for $3.99

2014 Sep 2
Herb and Spice on Wellington had both Padron and shishito peppers today. I think both were $4.99.

2014 Sep 3
Naturally they didn't have them when i was there Saturday, alas.

Thanks anyways foodies, much appreciated.

2014 Sep 3
My wife (bless her heart) just picked up a tray of Padrón peppers at Loblaws in Bells Corners. $3.99 for 200g.

2014 Sep 3
OSM, where did you go? As in, who are "they"?

2014 Sep 4
Herb & Spice on Welly West - i was replying to the prior post.

2014 Sep 4
I pan fried the Padrón peppers in a little tasty olive oil over medium-high flame until they were nicely blistered. With a sprinkling of Maldon sea salt they made for a tasty tapas treat!

While none was actually spicy, the flavour varied from one pepper to the next. Some were mild and sweet-bitter like green bell peppers; others had more of a distinct "hot pepper" taste, but without much in the way of heat.

2015 Nov 12
Does anyone know where I could find padron/shishito peppers right now?

2015 Nov 17
Spain/Japan.

:)

2016 Aug 9
Old thread revival to note at least two vendors at Lansdowne has these last week.

...and grilled with some olive oil and smoked salt they, were, glorious.

Also, on a burger, pure foodwin.

2016 Aug 14
I picked up a package of Padron peppers at Loblaws on Rideau yesterday

2017 Jun 15
Has anyone seen any padron/ shishito peppers lately?

2017 Jun 27
I recently went tootling around town looking for them, and didn't have any luck! I tried:

- La Tiendita
- Produce Depot
- Herb and Spice (Wellington)
- Several Farm Boys
- Several Loblaws

It's possible that they're a seasonal thing, so they won't be available for another month or two. I'm going to keep looking, though...

2017 Jul 6
I have seen some at Isabella loblaws but only occasionally.

2017 Jul 30
I don't know how long they've been available, but the Byward Fruit Market had them today! They were something like $3/100g, so we bought a dozen and we'll see how they turn out...

2018 Mar 14
Spotted shishito peppers today at the Loblaws on Carlingwood and the one in Bells Corners. $4.99 for a package and a bunch had 50% off stickers.

2019 Aug 6
Need these before next farmers market.
Any sightings???

2019 Aug 7
I saw them at Costco Nepean when I went yesterday :)

2019 Aug 8
cheers charsi'.

2019 Aug 8
Costco Barrhaven also has them

2019 Aug 12
Kanata Costco has them ..... just bought a bag 2 days ago.

2019 Aug 13
If you're not a Costco member, we buy them quite often from Superstore and Loblaws. They're in a plastic bag near all the other peppers