Officially losing track ... looks like Packenham is getting one

www.csbeer.ca/

2014 Aug 23
Square Timber out by Pembroke

squaretimber.blogspot.ca/

Rurban Brewing down Cornwall way

www.rurbanbrewing.com/

2014 Aug 23
Anyone tried Ottawa`s latest brewery called Dominion ?

2014 Sep 13
Square Timber is Finally Open

www.canadianbeernews.com

2014 Sep 17
Bicycle Craft Brewery opens this Saturday

www.ottawabeerevents.ca

2014 Sep 21
Nita Beer Company - just heard of them now

www.facebook.com

2014 Sep 22
So are any of them any good? I've heard Dominion is pretty mediocre (Earl Grey Marmalade Saison had me pretty skeptical), but nothing of the others. Anyone do the Bicycle opening?

2014 Sep 22
Went to Bicycle on Saturday - tried the 4 brews they had on tap - a blonde, an ipa, oatmeal porter and chocolate stout. Walked out with a growler of the ipa and a half growler of the porter, enjoyed those 2 the most. While I normally love chocolate stouts I didn't particularly enjoy this one, taste was underwhelming. But the porter and ipa were quite good. Staff was very friendly. Place was pretty busy with about 20 people sampling and sitting around chatting. In the next 2 weeks they'll be offering a harvest ale and a pumpkin ale.

2014 Oct 30
www.whiprsnaprbrewingco.com/ opening today, Oct. 30 at 4:00 with 5 brews available.
And www.facebook.com

2015 Jul 30
On my way to my doctors I see a sign for a new brewery called Broken Stick Brewing Company on Canotek road. Will try them tomorrow since had issues to make it back there after 12pm..

2015 Jul 31
Waller St Brewery is opening today. They are located downtown.

www.wallerst.ca/

2015 Jul 31
One of my co-workers is married to one the partners of Broken Stick.

They do a mean Porter, I don't go out to Canotek that often, but I can occasionally convince her to bring a mini growler or two into the office.

2015 Jul 31
So many breweries in Ottawa now. I can remember when it was one or two brewpubs in the city, plus Hart in Carleton Place, and the Scotch-Irish brewery. Now, they haven't quite reached shawarma shop density, but they are all over the place.

Worth noting, the popular Pink Fuzz from Beyond the Pale is soon going to be available at the LCBO.

www.lcbo.com

I haven't had a chance to try all of the local ones yet, but what are people's favourites so far? Based upon those that I have tried, I would say my three are Beyond the Pale, Bicycle and Covered Bridge.

2015 Jul 31
Four of us created our own beer event last Saturday, touring 6 brewers in 4 hours to get an idea of who's doing what in the centre/east part of the city:
Broken Stick
Dominion City
Bicycle
Broadhead
Nita
Beyond The Pale

The brewery that was the highlight for me was Nita, with the beers I sampled being nicely balanced with significant hops. We bought beers (13 in total) we liked from every brewery to get a more accurate appraisal than a 2 to 4 ounce sample. So far this week we've had 3 - Nita's UFO, Beyond The Pale's Rye Guy, and Bicycle's Raspberry Recumbent. My dw won't buy the Recumbent again, I will buy the Rye Guy and the UFO. The UFO was substituted for the OPA by mistake (my bill says OPA so it wasn't my beer drinking induced error) but I drank it anyways. It's a 98 ibu, 5.8% abv beer that was malty and hoppy, smooth and easy to drink; I'll see how it compares with their 101 ibu Pucker which I also got. I loved the BYP Rye Guy. BYP only had their 4 mainstays and were running out of growlers when we were there.

I hope to do another brewery tour to other breweries but will likely limit it to 3 or 4 next time.

2015 Jul 31
Good info Andy, my friends and I are doing a similar tour next week.

2015 Aug 1
Went to Broken Sticks and Dominion City today.

Broken Stick had an owner and his girlfriend there. Very personable and talked about their recent trip touring brewerys in VT. Tried all 5 of their beers and I liked their Socks and Sandels IPA and brought a growler of it.

Went to Dominion City and the space is far more warehousing. Tried all their beers and not a fan of the Earl grey marmelade season but the Paper Salesman was decent. Got a little one there. One thing I noticed is that they charge the same deposit for the small as the growler.
Also the little ones here as well as Broken stick is only 750 ml for $7 and up.

A group of people were doing their own tour for someone's Bday and apparently did Bicycle first then Broken Sticks and were going to Dominion after.