Richmond Bakery closed!! [General]

2014 Aug 10
Gasp! I certainly didn't see this coming. Wow.

2014 Aug 11
I nearly fell out of my chair last night when I heard about it on the news. What a shame they have been around forever and everything they baked tasted good. Here is the article in the Citizen about the closure: ottawacitizen.com

2014 Aug 12
There was a for sale sign in the window this morning. Any aspiring bakers out there looking for a new business venture? The clientele is there already.

2014 Aug 12
Running a bakery is hard work. Both my son and daughter have part-time jobs in a bakery. Also more and more people are staying away from gluten, even though only a small percentage of the population is truly gluten intolerant.

2014 Aug 12

2014 Nov 15
We were driving by the old Richmond Bakery today and noticed a 'Sold' sign in the window. Has anyone heard or read anything? Maybe being re-developed but it would be nice if it could be re-opened as a bakery.

We still miss the cinnamon bread.

2014 Nov 15
the bakery is going to be the showroom for a heating ac company. damn I miss the donuts after 7 am hockey practice.

2014 Nov 16
Too bad but I guess it was too much to hope for.

For us it was post-horse back riding lessons - doughnuts, cinnamon bread, sausage rolls, pecan rings...