Northern Han or substitute? [Food/Vendor]

2014 Aug 5
Hi everyone,
I know this restaurant closed down a few years ago - does anyone know if they reopened elsewhere under a different name? Or is there another restaurant similar or almost as good? What is Northman on Somerset near Bank like? Have a former resident coming back for a visit, and she's jonesing for Northern Han!
thanks!

2014 Aug 5
ottawan I haven't been to Northman yet but it already has one review on OF Northman Chinese Restaurant . Peter Hum from the Citizen seemed to have enjoyed his meals there last winter: ottawacitizen.com

2014 Aug 5
thanks, we'll check that out. Any other authentic chinese suggestions would also be much appreciated! (Or anything else that's opened in the last few years that a discerning foodie might like but won't break the bank?)

2014 Aug 5
The place in the spot Northern Han occupied - Hung Sum is EXCELLENBT for dim sum. No carts, just a menu. I think its the best in town. Don't know what their non dim sum stuff is like. Miss the Northern Han too!

2014 Aug 5
Northern Han had dumplings right? The bubble tea show near Kowloon Market is now a bubble tea and dumpling shop. Don't know if the dumplings are as good as the Northern Han ones . . .