Strange Post [General]

2007 Oct 31
ottawafoodies.com

What's with this comment from New User 656 - anyone else find it a little strange?

2007 Oct 31
Yes, I did a bit when I first read it. But I'm not just sure how ... seems there is "the rest of the story" here somewhere, I guess

2007 Oct 31
It's an odd story, but I have some anecdotal evidence that supports their post as well. I typically refrain from posting what could be hearsay... just a matter of taste...

2007 Oct 31
sounds like somebody who works/has worked there.

let's not turn this into restaurantthing - way too many personal vendettas/outlandish stories on that site. stick to reviewing the food, not letting everyone know about your hazelnut allergy!

my 2 cents...

2007 Oct 31
Well, in my case, the anecdotal evidence comes from an ex employee and her best friend who frequented the establishment. I'll refrain from any more detail, but typically that level of detail can only come from someone on the "inside"

2007 Oct 31
Yeah, it struck me as pretty strange too. That user hasn't returned since the day the account was created. One time posters are always suspect, although that story didn't strike me as having been fabricated.

Some people (including that one) sign up without giving their full name. This is in direct violation of the signup agreement and could subject them to account deletion whenever I feel like cleaning up (like when the quality of reviews starts taking a turn for the worse).

In fact, an idea just hit me. How about having a "this comment should be taken with a grain of salt" flag that I can assign to one-time posters. There's at least one multiple-poster who has been consistently wrong in almost all his reviews, too. I'd like to slap a salt shaker on his comments. But then who am I to judge? Maybe we need to have a voting system for comments too... gadzooks!

2007 Nov 1
A coder's work is never done :-)

2007 Nov 1
MOD PARENT UP.

2007 Nov 1
Of course, both believers and detractors may be simultaneously correct... Did the poster get hives... only they can know. But were the hives produced by the food? It is entirely possible that the poster's hives were psychosomatic in nature, as stress induced hives is quite common. It is less common for them to appear only inside the mouth.. but who am I to say where they should be? Some studies of aroma induced asthma (such as from frangrances at work etc) have even indicated that a large percentage of people who experience this, may in fact be exhibiting a psychosomatic reaction as well.. but I suspect my even mentioning that is going to get a hail of responses... ;-)

2007 Nov 1
I also thought this posting a little strange - they posted this review just after joining then disappeared. It sounds to me like a disgruntled employee/former employee?...

2007 Nov 1
"Lynch-mob" I say! "Lynch-mob!!!"

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

2007 Nov 1
That is a strange post but I enjoyed reading it. :)

It does raise one of my biggest service industry pet peeves though -- cliquey staff that pay more attention to each other than the customer.

2007 Nov 1
Phew - at least it's not just me :)
I guess my point is this: I go into Wild Oat often to buy bread. I walk in, pick out my bread, pay for it and then leave. No trauma.
I fail to see how all this trauma and sexual harassment can take place if you are going in there to do what you are supposed to do in there (eat, shop) and minding your own business.
Sounds like someone who creates their own drama to me.......

2007 Nov 1
Hmmmm....sexual harassment? Anybody know if they're hiring? JK

Fresh Foodie, how about a little axe instead of a salt shaker? As in this poster may have an axe to grind :)

2007 Nov 1
lol... nothing better than a little sexual harassment with your whole wheat bagel eh? "Oh! Oh! Look what I can put in the hole!! OHHH YEEEAH!" Sorry. I had to.

2007 Nov 2
ROTFLMAO