LF: Fruit pie [General]

2014 Jul 28
I've been to many of the bakeries, and they all have tons of cake and cookie options, but I'm looking for pie. Any suggestions? First choices would be cherry, blueberry or raspberry. Not a custard pie, or custard tart with fruit. I'd even settle for a really good grocery store pie too. I think I've hit my cake limit for the next decade and want something flakier, fresher and fruity :)

2014 Jul 28
Just to add, I have looked at Life of Pie, but I'm leery. I've had some really lousy stuff from there.

2014 Jul 28
Halls (the apple people) have some fine looking pies. I know they do Main St market on a Saturday, likely Brewer on Sunday too.

However I'd have to say some of my favorite fruit pies came from Farm Boy.

2014 Jul 28
Swiss Pastries used to sell them IIRC.

2014 Jul 28
Parma Ravioli in West Wellington has all sorts of fruit pies. I've bought them a few times. Reasonably priced at about $8 per pie give or take. We don't normally have pie at home, but have brought them to other people and/or served to a group. I usually heat the pie in the oven for a few minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream (or in the case of pumpkin pie, it would be wipping cream). I think Farm Boy is also a good bet. 3 Tarts make great desserts, not sure if they have any fruit pies on their menu though ...

A little off topic ... We picked up a smores cake at Thyme and Again that was really good - it had a foamy marshmellow "icing". Just checked their website and I don't see it listed as a July special, maybe we had it in late June. I did notice that they have fruit tarts and berry cheesecakes ... likely not exactly what hhf is looking for ...

2014 Jul 28
Red Apron has great fruit pies.

2014 Jul 28
Thanks! I forgot about pies from Parma, I'll try one for $8. Before I posted this, I did check Red Apron's website, but didn't see any mention of pie, I'll stop in to pick one out now though. I haven't enjoyed anything from Swiss Pastries, so I'm less likely to buy from them, but I will look to see what they offer.