Sweetgrass Aboriginal Bistro my review [Food/Vendor]

2007 Oct 30
I pasted this on the vendor page but thought I would put it here in the forum as well (let me know if I should not do that in the future!) Sadly, we left the camera at home!

ottawafoodies.com

2007 Oct 30
I prefer you to link to it. In fact, I'll edit your post above to do just that.

This way, you can initiate forum discussion without duplication of content. Everyone wins! :-)

2007 Oct 31
very good review!

I just thought i'd ask about this rule that one is not supposed to scrape every last drop of sauce off the plate. :) As a french person, i disagree. I don't know if it's rude or impolite, but when there's bread lying around and the sauce is so good, i usually wipe the plate clean. :)
Speaking of which, i really really love Sweetgrass' bread, but unfortunately you only get one little bun per meal. I don't know if they give you more if you ask?!

2007 Oct 31
I will remember the link for next time! As for mopping up sauces with bread or scraping as much up as possible with a spoon - I always do it if its a good sauce. My gf is always on about it being a lack of table manners and my retort every time is maybe so, but the chef at the restaurant would love to hear that I am wanting every last drop of his or her hard work and inspiration!

cheers

2007 Nov 1
Mopping up sauce with bread isn't bad table manners. Lifting the plate up and licking it is. But only if anyone's watching. :-)

2007 Nov 1
Am I the only one whose brain reads "Sweet-ass" just about every time it sees this name?

:-)

2007 Nov 1
Thanks a lot zymurgist! My brain was normal before.. but now that you've mentioned it.. that's what I'll see from now on!