Buy Local [Food/Vendor]

2014 Jun 3
It's Buy Local week in Ontario!
How are you including locally sourced food in your meals?
Here's a useful directory of local farmers markets, producers, and retailers and restaurants that source locally in Ottawa region.
justfood.ca

2014 Jun 3
I always Buy Local ..... I never get food from eBay or Amazon.

2014 Jun 3
What about fruit and vegetables in the winter? They are coming from South America usually.

2014 Jun 3
Riverglen has some awesome produce, has anyone ever checked it out? They also have very reasonable prices.

2014 Jun 4
Last year(s) there has been a tiny scandal on St. Louis (Hwy 307) on the Quebec side, as some new roadside vendors setup stalls, but they were from Montreal and their produce was bought from the wholesale supply chains, so they were not locally grown at all. Actually they overcharged me for a basket of vegetables. They charged me one price and the next customer they charged much less. When they noticed I was paying attention, she said "yours is a bigger basket" but it wasn't. They were exactly the same.

The other vendors who were selling produce from local farms have been complaining about it, but there is nothing they can do. Someone travelling on the Hwy to Mt. Cascade isn't going to know which is which.

2014 Jun 4
We are getting alot of hot house produce from Canadian sources the past few years as well.