PC Black Label Wagyu Beef Burgers [General]

2014 May 15
I am usually loathe to eat frozen beef patties but these have piqued my interest. Has anyone tried them?

2014 May 15
Tree Pug I haven't tried those burgers but FWIW they are on sale at Loblaws for $9.99 a box starting tomorrow Friday....

2014 May 21
The PC Angus beef patties are decent emergency back up to have in one's freezer.

2014 May 21
Exactly what I thought. I was interested in picking up some of the Wagyu burgers and they were on sale this weekend for $10, the same price as all the other PC burgers were on sale for.

For 4 frozen patties.

The Angus frozen patties are slightly smaller than the regular PC meat-like frozen burgers, but there are still 8 to a pack for $10.

So, no. I still haven't tried them yet.

2014 May 23
Ok, they got me. PC marketing lured me in and I bought the Wagyu burgers. They were meh. I could not tell that they were any different from any other frozen burger. A Loblaws employee at the first store I went to said that they were sold out because people were "very intrigued" by them. Perhaps it should be noted that stock outs at Loblaws are widespread on many products.

2014 May 23
Tree Pug, they got me too. We had them last night and our reaction was the same as yours. We hardly ever buy frozen burger patties so as you say, the marketing people got us too. Beware also the 550 mg sodium in each patty, for those of you watching your sodium I take.

I just walked up to the Superstore to get some brown sugar. They had none - the shelves were bare of both light and dark brown sugar. They used to run out of stock regularly when they changed their distribution system but for a while there it looked like they had fixed it. Now I'm not so sure. Brown sugar is a pretty basic thing.

2014 May 23
A couple of teaspoons of molasses per cup of white sugar will be the exact same as most grocery store stocks.

2014 May 25
I would just like to point out, as Anthony Bourdain did in Medium Raw, is one of the prime reasons to eat Waygu and such is the superior marbling of fat. Of course, when you grind it into a burger, you can add as much fat as you want, thereby rending the whole thing redundant at best.

2014 May 26
While the Waygu burgers were a miss, the PC chili cheese all beef frankfurters are pretty tasty.

2014 May 30
FWIW, along these lines, I tried a "Kobe burger" from The Butchery a couple years ago and was pleasantly surprised. Of course, there will be Kobe definitions tossed around etc, but this was a good burger. It was definitely "different" than other burgers from there. Beefier possibly!?! No matter what it was, of how Kobe it was, it was good. I had a buddy over and after our first bite we looked at each other with a confirming nod and grunt. It was good. Surprisingly, I haven't been back to try it again. They were definitely made in-store and package in the typical wrap and frozen. I'd like to try the fresh version and may swing in there soon to see if they still have them. If not, and even if they do, I'll still snag a few of their Vera's burgers. Very good preformed, fresh patties.

2014 Jun 4
Essence Catering is serving up Kobe burgers for lunch on Friday (June 6):

www.facebook.com

;)